ways to mend a broken heart? any ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holliejayne

Reaction score
sure the title says it all!

sorry to come on moaning after not being on for ages but i really need my geeky friends advice x x

Hi Hollie,
Is it your broken Heart? or you trying to mend someone elses?
Whats happened??
Maybe we can all help you.
x

thought id found the perfect man after years of a***holes. then it just went wrong. dont really know why but i just feel really hurt x x

I think there is no miracle cure for a broken heart, I just think you need time to get over whatever the situation is. it will happen even though it feels like it will never get better.:hug:

Louise is right, there is no cure, and you will get over it in time.They say time is a great healer and its so true. Fill your spare time with something that will keep your mind of things. Doing nails for 1, catching up with friends,geeking on here.etc.Anything that will keep your mind of this. Its hard but you will get over it. take care.x

thankyou, gonna try to get some sleep. (on my mums sofa! :irked: ) havent slept much since. I know your all right, just hate feeling like this xx x x

too right girlies... Time is a wonderful healer. Its just a shame we cant fast forward a year so we dont have to feel it.
Then again, theres nothing like getting over the old than with the new.

Not all men are perfect... you just have to be on the same wave length and make small sacrafices for eachother.

You only get out of a relationship what you put into it and then there are no guarantees. (god I sound like Dear Deidre!)
If its something real bad, then look on it as a lesson learnt and an easy escape from what could have been a right mess in the future.
I split up from a guy once that was an angel at first but had turned into the devil!! and thats not being over dramatic. It was like I had this block of LOVE for him and whenever he hurt me, another bit of the block chipped away... until one day I realised I had nothing left and was better off without.

The age old cliche of Time mends all wounds, applies in this case. Keep busy hun and try to find some new interests. If all else fails, there is always a geek to be a good listener. Wish you all the best and a mended heart real soon.
xxxxx:green:

ahhh the "broken heart thing" How WELL do I know that one!!! I can tell you alot of stories about my own personal experinces. When you are going through it, it feels like the world around you has slowed down, nothing feels right without them and it hurts!!! no two ways about that. Wish I had a magic wand to take it all away from ya (really mean that). and like others have said it does get easier with time. There was a bit of advice once given to me- and perhaps you have heard it before- but i find its true- and thats broken hearts are a good thing in one aspect because it helps us to recognize what we REALLY need and want from our next relationship. It helps us to realize "true" love when we find it. and to appreciate what we have when we get it. Each time our hearts break its a reminder that we are human and that we have the ability to love , feel love and be loved.. even if only for a moment. each time our heart breaks there is a lesson to be had (though its hard to figure out sometimes.) and it prepares us for the "right one". one of the wisest women i have ever known used to say concerning love " we have to try on alot of shoes before we find the perfect fit"( lol) how true that really is!! and in my personal opinnion no matter how tempting it is refrain completley from the radio!!!! (just kidding) but seriously, have you ever just gone through something like this, and you put on the radio only to hear a "sad song" that makes you just want to cry your eyes out? lol it happens every time with me- hence why i lock mine up when feeling to blue. theres no easy way to mend a broken heart, but i find comfort in dear friends and a peace of mind knowing they are either right there, a phone call away, or an instant message apart. I wish you a quick mend, and a happier tomorrow!!!!

heres a hug holliejayne :hug: . remember he didnt deserve someone wonderful like you, and while you are wasting time with the wrong person, your're not able to meet the right person, hope that makes sense? heres another cuddle mate :hug: .

:hug: :hug: :hug: Have you ever read my journal girl??? If so you know I know exactly how you feel. Just as others have said the only thing that will make you feel better is time, and it's something that you can't rush, even though we want to rush away the pain and the emptiness, unfortunately pain is part of the process, but just know this, you always have us here and we will talk...or type :lol: you through this if you want us too. You can always pm me if you need too. :hug: :hug: :hug:

awww hollie - chick i know just how ur feeling!! chocolate is working wonders for me at the mo! its prob the worst thing to do too - but i thrown myself into my work to keep busy so i aint thinking about him!

big hug :hug: from me xx

I know you must be feeling awfull,but it was not meant to be hun,you will find your prince cahrming one day ...............

Until then get out there and starrt to enjoy being young free and single x x x

Oh bless you a big :hug: from me sorry I can not help with this one not sure how to mend a broken heart.

I am living with one for over 5 years now not through a Man through my daughter and I know the only way it would mend is if she walked back into my life:cry:

Take care and I hope you are feeling better soon I wish I could help more.

Caz xxx

holliejayne said:
sure the title says it all!

sorry to come on moaning after not being on for ages but i really need my geeky friends advice x x

Hun, time is a wonderful healer... but its a crap beautician. get out and find a new man quick. in fact, find two and then when one of the a*seholes dumps you at least you've got the other one. xx

As every one has said times a great healer, but so is girly nites in, self pampering, etc. Have some mates round put the world to rites, get you hair done, go to the gym. Won't work for ever but you will feel a little better and it's also sticking two fingers up at him saying that your moving on and moving up!!

Hope you fell better soon

Thankyou all, Ive been through this so many bloody times, you would think Id be able to deal with it now but it doesnt get any easier.

The reason it really hurts is that I dont know why its over, everything was so perfect and then he called to say he wouldnt be coming round on saturday when we'd planned a night in, then just started ignoring my calls and txts.

I just feel gutted cos I was so sure this time. and I feel like a complete idiot for falling for it all.

On the upside, since I moved into my flat 4 months ago, Ive lost nearly 3 stone. and now everytime I can feel the tears coming on I do 20 sit-ups or something, those endorphins do wonders (but only temporarily) x x x

Aw hollie, hope you are ok, sending you a huge :hug: , take care xxxxxxxxxxxx

Just want to say, very well done to you on such a massive weight loss, try to stay positive, at times it will be hard but I'm a firm believer that what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!!:hug: You'll find Mr Right when you least expect it.

I know everyone is saying it but time really is the best healer. Also it really helps to have your friends and family around, you really need them at a time like this. Do not spend too much time on your own, it will just make you think too much.
Try and go on holiday, see if you can get a couple of the girlies together and go on last minuite.com and get a cheap holiday, get some sun and sangria! Also GO SHOPPING!!!! Retail therepy is a great way to put him to the back of your mind. Make your mum go in to town with you, have lunch together and spend some of that hard earned money on YOURSELF!

Who needs men....they hate shopping anyway hun!
:hug:

Latest posts

Back