ways to mend a broken heart? any ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need an ego boost................someone new to pay you attention. At first, you'll do everthing conceivable to make your ex jealous but you know what???????? Don't bother !!!! This is a bitter pill to swallow but NOTHING will make him jealous. He's over you and once they're over you ............ they're over you. Most of them need to get over themselves if you ask me.

So, get yourself done up and go out with your mates. Think Sex in the City ( Techs in the City PMSL) and be more like the Americans. When I guy chats you up, be gracious but make it clear that he's one of many and that you're more than happy for him to take you out to dinner and you'll check your diary.

Oh, and whilst I'm on that subject, set some ground rules for yourself. Don't let him keep sending textes backwards and forwards without asking you out. That's kids stuff. A lot of blokes seem to get off on this (I call it text sex). If they haven't actually said "Can I take you out this week" by the 10th text, then delete his number.

Someone said in one of the replies that you get out of a relationship what you put in....................I disagree. Some people will take until you have nothing more to give, so look after numero uno. Fall in love with yourself. When you're in a relationship, take the advice of Janet Jackson and ask "What have you done for me lately?".

Then, when you know for sure that you've got a good 'un, and there arelots of them out there, open your heart to this wonderful man and treat him like a king, as long as he treats you like a queen of course.

xxxxxxxxxx

Kimmi Rocks said:
You need an ego boost................someone new to pay you attention. At first, you'll do everthing conceivable to make your ex jealous but you know what???????? Don't bother !!!! This is a bitter pill to swallow but NOTHING will make him jealous. He's over you and once they're over you ............ they're over you. Most of them need to get over themselves if you ask me.

So, get yourself done up and go out with your mates. Think Sex in the City ( Techs in the City PMSL) and be more like the Americans. When I guy chats you up, be gracious but make it clear that he's one of many and that you're more than happy for him to take you out to dinner and you'll check your diary.

Oh, and whilst I'm on that subject, set some ground rules for yourself. Don't let him keep sending textes backwards and forwards without asking you out. That's kids stuff. A lot of blokes seem to get off on this (I call it text sex). If they haven't actually said "Can I take you out this week" by the 10th text, then delete his number.

Someone said in one of the replies that you get out of a relationship what you put in....................I disagree. Some people will take until you have nothing more to give, so look after numero uno. Fall in love with yourself. When you're in a relationship, take the advice of Janet Jackson and ask "What have you done for me lately?".

Then, when you know for sure that you've got a good 'un, and there arelots of them out there, open your heart to this wonderful man and treat him like a king, as long as he treats you like a queen of course.

xxxxxxxxxx

spot on kimmi ! good advice chick!

amb xx

Thanks kimmi, I needed that. I know he's not worth it, i just hate the fact that I cant get him out of my head.

The thing most bugging me, is that he's the third man in just over a year (one of them being a partner of 2 and a half years and the father of my little girl) to just go without telling me its over and I never hear from them again. But Im sure that says more about them than me. spineless w*****s. oooh goody, looks like Im getting to the angry part of heartbreak. Shame he didnt leave any of his clothes x x x

holliejayne said:
Thanks kimmi, I needed that. I know he's not worth it, i just hate the fact that I cant get him out of my head.

The thing most bugging me, is that he's the third man in just over a year (one of them being a partner of 2 and a half years and the father of my little girl) to just go without telling me its over and I never hear from them again. But Im sure that says more about them than me. spineless w*****s. oooh goody, looks like Im getting to the angry part of heartbreak. Shame he didnt leave any of his clothes x x x

lol Hollie ... that's the spirit. xx

holliejayne said:
Thankyou all, Ive been through this so many bloody times, you would think Id be able to deal with it now but it doesnt get any easier.

The reason it really hurts is that I dont know why its over, everything was so perfect and then he called to say he wouldnt be coming round on saturday when we'd planned a night in, then just started ignoring my calls and txts.

I just feel gutted cos I was so sure this time. and I feel like a complete idiot for falling for it all.

On the upside, since I moved into my flat 4 months ago, Ive lost nearly 3 stone. and now everytime I can feel the tears coming on I do 20 sit-ups or something, those endorphins do wonders (but only temporarily) x x x
by the way good on you for loosing 3 stone - you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

holliejayne said:
holliejayne said:

You won't get over him for a long while so don't beat yourself up over it..............it's totally normal.

Tell ya what doll, try this. For every session of thinking about him, finish it off with 2 minutes of thinking about what annoyed you about him. Things that secretly made you cringe a bit. You know.......that little nervous twitch he had or re-live the smell of his morning breathe. Get where I'm coming from? In time, you'll find him repulsive and wonder what you ever saw in him. By the way, what did you see in him?

Maybe you need a break from relationships and use that time to do some DIY on yourself. People only treat you how you allow them to treat you. You can always PM or e.mail any time you like if you're feeling down. I'm no expert but I'd be delighted to help in any way. Take charge of your life. My mantra is this: The best form of revenge is success.

You sound like a smashing girl and there is someone out there waiting in the wings to love you in the way that you deserve to be love. Can I be bridesmaid? xxx

just time chick thats all you need. i exercised to keep my mind off my ex didn't have much of an appetite either so on the bright side of things i lost a lot of weight!

Sending you a hug Hollie:hug: :hug: it will get easier - your'e a lovely young girl and very mature. Mr. Right is out there somewhere and you'll find him probably when you least expect it xx

Kimmi Rocks said:
My mantra is this: The best form of revenge is success.

You sound like a smashing girl and there is someone out there waiting in the wings to love you in the way that you deserve to be love. Can I be bridesmaid? xxx

That has always been my view on things too, I always say it to my friends when theyre going through this, Its strange how you never remember to tell yourself!

I think Im gonna have to find a really rich man next time cos the weddings gonna cost a fortune with my hundreds of planned bridesmaids lol.

Ive been thinking this afternoon, (dangerous I know) and my plan now is to forget about men for a while, (invest my time in ann summers instead), concentrate on my goal weight loss for my birthday which is at the begginning of may, work on myself, finish my course in may, probably move to another flat as my tenancy is up in may also, and just start afresh. Thats sounding pretty good actually! x x x x

Fingertips ND said:
http://www.thenailgeek.com/chit-chat/22440-much-demanded-chocolate-biscuit-cake-recipe.html

Two reasons why this is fab:

1. Comfort founf and a girlie night in

2. Take a look at instruction no 1 (on the recipe)!

Good point! hope those who made it liked it, I cant actually eat it myself, Im not a great chocolate lover (I know technically that disqualifies me from being female!) Might make one for my mum or something though.

Thanks girlies, knew you'd make me feel better, theres nothing like geeks in a time of need! x x

I no that too too well. All i can say is time and lots of tlc from friends and family.
Keep your chin up Chick!:)

Latest posts

Back