Wearing gloves for facial?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C the Results

Reaction score
I went for a facial today as I like to try out different salons, I had not been to this salon before and I never tell them I am a therapist for many reasons. I was very surprised that she wore gloves for the whole treatment and was wondering if this was a new requirement, I personally was not keen on it but unfortunately the whole treatment was a bit of a let down as she left me twice for ten minutes each time and seemed to be in a great hurry to get out of the room, when she was in the room she was trying to get me to buy products! So glad I didn't pay the full £50 for it!!

I read this on another thread recently and I think that each therapist should do what suits them but I do find this very strange and have never ever heard of it previously.

I can think of no reason as to why a therapist would want to or need to wear gloves for a facial.

I always wear gloves for manis and pedis right up to the point of massage and paint .. this is purely for the protection of my own hands and nails.

I can't think what the reason would be for facials though so am going to wait with interest and see what other therapists offer.

Jacqui xx

I was trained to use gloves for facials only in cases of severe, and I mean severe acne.

Nothing beats the full body massage I had with gloves on though...........hello!

Maybe the therapist has dermatitis or something herself and is protecting her client by not touching them.

Maybe the therapist has dermatitis or something herself and is protecting her client by not touching them.

That's what I was thinking also.

I once went for a facial to be met by a therapist wearing a face mask! It was quite disconcerting. At the end of the treatment the receptionist told me it was because the therapist had a bad cold and they weren't telling people as they went in incase they cancelled!

When I was in college I used to have two teachers who taught us facials one used gloves and the other didn't, my teacher said it's because she personally found it more comfortable than doing a facial without gloves, so it could be either how she was taught or how she prefers to do the treatment xx

Thinking the same!
If a therapist has contact dermatitis then yes i believe that she may want to wear gloves xx

Some companies recommend that you use gloves if you are performing some peels etc. I do some Dermaquest facials and they often wear gloves as some of the products can have quite an effect on the therapist's skin.:)

Some companies recommend that you use gloves if you are performing some peels etc. I do some Dermaquest facials and they often wear gloves as some of the products can have quite an effect on the therapist's skin.:)

I wear gloves when doing peels too, but only in the peel stage.

Im a huge believer in the power of touch and the thought of gloves (without a medical reason like dermatitis above) horrifies me!

Hand on skin is the best way!

Thanks for all your replies, I had thought she might have dermatitis but if that was the case I think it would of been nice to be told, I am also a firm believer in the power of touch so was rather disapointed :irked:

Thanks for all your replies, I had thought she might have dermatitis but if that was the case I think it would of been nice to be told, I am also a firm believer in the power of touch so was rather disapointed :irked:

Maybe you should have asked her if there was a reason she wore gloves
Or/and explained at the end of your treatment that you felt disapointed.
Feedback is so useful.
At the end of my consultation forms i have a clients comments box just for this reason xx

Latest posts

Back