Web designer needed urgently!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mairead

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good and reasonably priced web designer please?? I need my web site doing really quickly!!

"Really quickly" is often a problem for web designers, especially if they are really busy (as the best ones often are).

However, it's possible to set up a "free" site ASAP, e.g. you could use something like Weebly, Weebly - Create a free website and a free blog in conjunction with a domain name from 123-reg.co.uk (which will cost you all of £7.18 for a .co.uk domain name for 2 years) - which would then get you up and running with a web presence - and mean you then have time to do some proper research into what web design options are out there, as there is a lot of variation in terms of price, quality and features - e.g. do you want CMS (content management system) access, which would let you update content on your website yourself rather than having to go back to the web designer every time you want a change doing (as many will charge extra for changes).

Incidentally, Weebly provides a content management system, as you add all your content yourself using the Weebly system; the main limitation of Weebly is the limited range of templates, where you end up with a very similar looking website to lots of other people... but it's free, and quick to set up :)

Hiya,

I have inboxed you details x

Hope this helps x

Last edited:
Hiya,

My hubby designs sites in his spare time in addition to his full time job, so can have something decent up and running over a weekend!

I have inboxed you details x

Check out my site and a few others below

Beauty Therapist Wakefield

Beauty Salon Halifax

Hope this helps x

I think you need to reword your "Morning Club" Page. You are offering two treatments for £33 which is great, except for when someone chooses an Indian Head Massage for £18, and a Express Pedicure for £12.

I think you need to reword your "Morning Club" Page. You are offering two treatments for £33 which is great, except for when someone chooses an Indian Head Massage for £18, and a Express Pedicure for £12.

Im sure the price would be £30 in that instance

Then again....it might just be clever marketing! ;-)

Does anyone know of a good and reasonably priced web designer please?? I need my web site doing really quickly!!

The best web designer in the business is Ruth Mills, & she is so professional & modest that she has given you advice on others!
Ruth has done my website & many other geeks, I can not recommend her high enough.
Saying that you cant rush perfection, so maybe you could get the home page created first, with something like "New Website under construction, please check back soon"
Do you mind me asking why you need your website done so quickly? xxx

Hi my boyfriend done mine and is extremely reasonable

serenitybeautytreatments.co.uk

Kim x

I've been in the business as a graphic designer for donkeys years- and I have to say that Ruth has an almost unique quality of being very VERY technically adept, someone who is able to communicate with a client on a level where they'll understand every stage and not feel left out AND very reasonably priced.

Trust me- there's not that many of them around like that!

So much so I decided to work with her exclusively :)

I agree, unless theres a real pressing need to get this done as soon as possible, it's not something you really ought to rush into.

I've been in the business as a graphic designer for donkeys years- and I have to say that Ruth has an almost unique quality of being very VERY technically adept, someone who is able to communicate with a client on a level where they'll understand every stage and not feel left out AND very reasonably priced.

Trust me- there's not that many of them around like that!

So much so I decided to work with her exclusively :)

I agree, unless theres a real pressing need to get this done as soon as possible, it's not something you really ought to rush into.

From what I know of the situation (which I admit is not everything) there is a need to do it quickly as someone took everything except his own contact details and a link to his new stock from their joint business website and has 'locked her out' of the site and the email liked to the site.

She needs to get back online and have her stock available again asap even if it's a temporary site until a better layout is ready. I believe she has bought a domain name but needs a site asap even if it's a basic one to to keep her business presence before he takes all the clients

From what I know of the situation (which I admit is not everything) there is a need to do it quickly as someone took everything except his own contact details and a link to his new stock from their joint business website and has 'locked her out' of the site and the email liked to the site.

She needs to get back online and have her stock available again asap even if it's a temporary site until a better layout is ready. I believe she has bought a domain name but needs a site asap even if it's a basic one to to keep her business presence before he takes all the clients

Hence why I think the Weebly option would be a good one - as it's fast to set up and will work with an external domain (e.g. one ordered through 123-reg, 1and1, or whoever).

I can certainly recommend gavin at crunchwebdesign.co.uk

he's done a fab job with my website and was really accommodating with all my niggly bits and pieces i asked him to do!:p

I can certainly recommend gavin at crunchwebdesign.co.uk

he's done a fab job with my website and was really accommodating with all my niggly bits and pieces i asked him to do!:p

One thing I'm a bit confused about is why his content management system websites are so much more expensive than his standard sites. To my way of thinking, content managed sites are a "win-win" situation for both the web designer and the client; it makes a lot more sense to offer as standard the facility for clients to easily do as much tweaking of their websites as possible, rather than getting swamped with emails every time someone wants to change a price on a treatment menu or upload a new image. That way you don't need to charge extra for "maintenance" work (the client can log in and do it themselves whenever they need to, without having to wait for you to do it for them) - so your pricing can be more competitive, and you don't end up getting bogged down in "grunge work" doing boring, trivial tweaks to existing websites when your time would be much better spent elsewhere (e.g. working on new websites, or better still, some cool software development work using funky new technology to add new features to your content management system).

Search ck creative design
Chris built mine check it out www.hculture.co.uk

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Search ck creative design
Chris built mine check it out Welcome to HCulture

That's a nice looking site; I'd place a fair bet that it's a CMS-powered site too, which probably means that it's fairly easy for you to update, right?

My main criticism would be that the URLs aren't exactly what I'd call "search engine friendly", e.g. rather than having hculture.co.uk/products.html you've got hculture.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=60 instead - so everything is running off index.php with the parameters for a particular page passed on via the query string.

You can probably make the website more SEO friendly by utilising Apache's mod_rewrite - so that Google would see the URL hculture.co.uk/products.html - but mod_rewrite would proxy the request through to hculture.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=60 - perhaps that's something you could discuss with your web guy? If you did that, you may find a useful improvement in your site's placement on Google...

That's a nice looking site; I'd place a fair bet that it's a CMS-powered site too, which probably means that it's fairly easy for you to update, right?

My main criticism would be that the URLs aren't exactly what I'd call "search engine friendly", e.g. rather than having hculture.co.uk/products.html you've got hculture.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=60 instead - so everything is running off index.php with the parameters for a particular page passed on via the query string.

You can probably make the website more SEO friendly by utilising Apache's mod_rewrite - so that Google would see the URL hculture.co.uk/products.html - but mod_rewrite would proxy the request through to hculture.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=60 - perhaps that's something you could discuss with your web guy? If you did that, you may find a useful improvement in your site's placement on Google...

Cheers for the feedback Ruth i agree never noticed this before! I can update when i want

Cheers for the feedback Ruth i agree never noticed this before! I can update when i want

No problem; your web guys look as though they are pretty adept at PHP judging by your site, so hopefully the mod_rewrite stuff should be reasonably straightforward for them to do :)

No problem; your web guys look as though they are pretty adept at PHP judging by your site, so hopefully the mod_rewrite?! stuff should be reasonably straightforward for them to do :)

What's php ?! I don't do technical talk lol

Latest posts

Back