Website address

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellybun

Reaction score
Hi all,
just looking for some advice for a website, at the moment i will be offering spray tans & maybe OPI Gelcolor havent got alot of colours yet. I want to use a name that ive already registered, with hair and beauty at the end but i wont be offering hair just yet currently doing a barbering course then will be doing lv3 hairdressing in sept, so would it be silly to have it & say hair etc coming soon just dont want to loose the domain name.

Kelly

If you're using a .co.uk domain name, they're fairly cheap, e.g. 123-reg.co.uk charge £8.38 for a .co.uk domain for a 2-year registration, and less than that if you just want to register a domain for a year.

So... you could order your domain name of your business name with "beauty" at the end for a year, and, at the same time, order the one with "hair and beauty" at the end for, say, 2 years. Then you could set up the website initially using the "beauty" domain name, and when you are ready to add hair as well, you could change the main domain name for the website to the "hair and beauty" domain name, and get the "beauty" domain name to re-direct to that - so that people who are used to seeing the "beauty" domain name will be re-directed to the "hair and beauty" one.

The only issue would be if you get any printed advertising with your domain name on it, as you'd otherwise probably not want to renew the "beauty" domain name once you are using the "hair and beauty" one (although you could renew it if you needed to)...

Thanks, the one that i wanted was with .co.uk but cant have it with just beauty :(

Latest posts

Back