Website design?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Jack!
I used the wrong terminology in the post. As I said, Web Work is not what I do and I leave it in the capable hands of my 'Web People'.

What I should have said is more of a general 'Web Services/Suppliers'.
I know there is a huge difference between Developers and Designers etc which has a impact cost because of the time involved.
What I was referring to was something I was told about 'Web People' charging a Sole Trader £500+ to add photographs on a quarterly basis (each time).

Hope this clears up what I was trying to say!

I've heard of lots of examples like that. Gives honest designers like me a bad name.

You get cowboys in every profession though- but the internet-sharks (and especially people in SEO in my experience) like to play on peoples (understandable) ignorance.

Do your research before you go with a web designer, ask questions, get recommendations and look at porfolios. Sounds obvious, but the more informed you are the less likely you're going to have a decision bite you on the bum.

Last edited:
I shall post again shortly, but my friends other half is a professional web designer/hoster, and he is very good at what he does, not only in terms of designing your website, but in optimizing your visibility online. I've messaged him for his contact details and will post them when he replies.

Right here we go. My friends name is Richard Caukhill, and his website is:

Impex_business_solutions_inovative_business_solutions

or you can speak to him on 0845 310 5353. He is very helpful and very knowledgeable about web design and hosting I highly recommend you give him a call.

Surely you would keep it in the (SG) family so to speak.

Although I don't advertise, I do design and host websites etc (from templates), but there are others on here such as Ruth Mills, who can also provide similar services as well.

Why look elsewhere, when there are people on here willing to help.

Just had a new site designed which i think is the best ive haf yet and ive had alot. Its a much highter quality then the ones people seem to recommend on here. And the guy adaprs everything to what ever you require he spent so much time on mine. I am really happy with it. It will be online in a few dats inbix me for his details. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Can you let me know what you think,!

Surely you would keep it in the (SG) family so to speak.

Although I don't advertise, I do design and host websites etc (from templates), but there are others on here such as Ruth Mills, who can also provide similar services as well.

Why look elsewhere, when there are people on here willing to help.

I'm sorry but I think it's really unfair to post this- someone has had a good service, high quality and wants to recommend them.

In the same way if you were buying a service and investing in something that is important to you, you'd shop around. Designers all have different styles and approaches. What might work for some, might not work for others.

I disagree with closing ranks and protecting the SG 'family'. It's not a family, we're all in business! This sort of approach (ringfencing) might benefit your business but isn't necessarily about what's best for another business.

If people are good at what they do (which I'm sure you and others are) then people will come to you (& hopefully return). In the meantime, allow people the freedom to choose - its their money & their business!

Last edited:
Mine was done by Neil Whitchurch, he is great and not expensive. Welcome to Luxe Nail Bar is ours. Let me know if you want his details x

I used Moonfruit to design my own website.. you can do SO much with it and there is no end to how much you can personalise it.. can't rave enough about it! It's easy, although I do understand everyone has different perceptions of easy. I found SalonGeek hard enough to find my way around though lol! They have alot of templates and even a ready made salon/beauty one. If you want to keep things really simple you just change the pics and text to your own, get a web address (url) and add galleries, contact forms etc.. they really have thought of everything! The forum on their website is particually helpful when trying to find your way around. Obviously the biggest attraction is I have full control and can log in at any time to update my site (which also helps boost the Google ranking)! Give it a go: Free Website Builder - Moonfruit - Total website design control [oh and my website, see my location!] Hope this helps, Charley xxxx

I'm sorry but I think it's really unfair to post this- someone has had a good service, high quality and wants to recommend them.

All I was saying is why go further than you have to, when they are folk sitting on your doorstep, willing to help.

Of course, each to the own, 100% - but the help to design/build/host a website is in front of your eyes, why should you need to go elsewhere.

As far as i'm concerned, people are entitled to go elsewhere, wherever they like but i was merely stating they are very reasonable options under your nose so to speak.

Hi,
A friend of mine used a relatively new :lol:company called GRO Designs to create their Beauty Business, there website looked amazing.
GRO DESIGNS | WEB DESIGNER
Hope you find someone to do it for you :)

I'm new to all this and looking at the where to get my website from, I'm not really good on computers so I want something quick and very very easy, I was looking at the vista one or the 1and1 but I'm a total novice are these the easiest ones to try out?! I was leaning more with vista cos they can then do my leaflets too....

I'm new to all this and looking at the where to get my website from, I'm not really good on computers so I want something quick and very very easy, I was looking at the vista one or the 1and1 but I'm a total novice are these the easiest ones to try out?! I was leaning more with vista cos they can then do my leaflets too....
I've just had my logo designed by Verve and am now having my website designed by them, extremely reasonable price for high quality work. Then Salon Alchemy are building my website-again great work and prices.
After, I'll be getting Carl at Verve to design my price lists so it will all be a brand and consistent.

Check out Verve designs and Salon Alchemy (or their geek names are extensionize and Ruth Mills) x

I've just had my logo designed by Verve and am now having my website designed by them, extremely reasonable price for high quality work. Then Salon Alchemy are building my website-again great work and prices.
After, I'll be getting Carl at Verve to design my price lists so it will all be a brand and consistent.

Check out Verve designs and Salon Alchemy (or their geek names are extensionize and Ruth Mills) x

Thank you ill probably get someone to do mine more professionally done once start making some cash and doing more training courses xxx

Latest posts

Back