Website finished ! What do you think ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfectpamper

Reaction score
hi geeks ,ive just done a cheap website with vistaprint while i get going but just wanted to get your points of view on what you thaught of it ?

www.perfectpamper.vpweb.co.uk

This is when you realise just how much work is involved in getting a website together, isn't it!
Ok, you need to get someone to check the spelling as there are a lot of errors.
I rather like the pay online function but I want more info than you provide on the page.
I like the overall design; it just needs checking and tweaking.
Well done!

It's very pretty, and I really like your colour combinations.

Now for the hard work: I agree with Lynne Baker, you must, must, must get your spellings checked so it looks professional. Also check for consistency..... for example..

Your town name, you have it in upper case, half upper case, half lower case, try to keep things consistent - if it's the name of a town, you usually spell it in sentence case, so it would read Three Cocks, Breacon.

And watch out for your phone number - on some pages you have the code followed by the number and others it's all one long number.

Also just a suggestion. Could you add a link to google maps or something for people who might not know where your location is? Just an idea.

But it's an excellent first try :) You should be very pleased! :D

Really like the blue that you've used for the background but I find it a little hard to ready on the menu (possibly my eyes).

Agree with Lynne about the spelling, lots of little mistakes, and the case as well, some sentences are started with upper case and some with lower case, keep it consistent.

Might want to check your prices - £150 for microderm is a lot of cash! In your packages you put together a luxury mani & pedi but I don't see a luxury mani or pedi option as a stand alone, should it be thermal in the package.

I think it's a good start and gives you an online presence which is important, a few tweaks will improve it no end.

Oh - and I said this to another geek on a similar thread - you have such a lovely logo I'd increase it's size and make it more prominent.

xx

Looks really good, well done. Also loving the colour scheme - One thing though, I'm finding it difficult to see the menu bar down the left hand side as the blue is very light (might be my screen!), so maybe make the font darker and a bit bigger. And make your logo larger as suggested above.

Am currently doing my website too, should be up in the next week or so - it really is hard work!!! Once it's ready I'll also get in on here for some constructive criticism :eek::Scared:

I agree with all the points made already.
Also, i think your prices really need tweaking:
Even at a special offer price £10 for a full body massage- really?
£13 for a full leg wax, when an under arm wax is £10? You need to take into account the ammount of wax used, and time spent doing it?
And do you really give an Indian Head Massage for an hour? The usual is 45 mins, but i personally do mine for 20 mins.

I really like your logo though- so simple, but fab! And as others have said its a great site for your first attempt.
Best of luck with your opening xx

Agree with all the above points! And sorry but I really don't like the home page ! Imo looks a ittle untidy , I think.you name etc needs to stand out more and your menu. Is there any way you can put the logos along the bottom of the page?? It just looks very unbalanced x x

Brilliant for your first attempt hun, I was wondering though the pics you have next to each treatment have you found these on the web or are they your own? As I'm not too sure but I think you would have to check copyrights etc. That's only if you have got them from web xx

Lovely web page hun.Lovely colours. Agree with comments about spelling and prices. Don't charge to less for treatments hun I am sure you are lovely at doing treatments so dont under charge your services.

I also agree that you name should be bigger and bolder. Such a lovely name you choose, but it is abit lost on the front page.

Good luck with you web page just a little adjusting with bits and it will look fab.

Thanks guys ! As for the spelling I'm awful so thanks for pointing it out as I would never notice ! £150 is for a course of 8 MD sessions and I'm in the process of delisting my massage as that was what my massage girl wanted to charge ( she's left now) xx

I love the border. The blue is very pretty, but i can see a few things that need to be looked at. I know some of the other geeks have mentioned some of these;

1. Your logo at the top of your page needs to be much more prominent

2. Your side bar menu is too light in colour and too small

3. Spelling and grammer need to be checked (maybe you could get a friend to proof read it?)
For example, "Perfect Pamper is a small and freindly beauty salon in Three cocks, Brecon. We have a wide range of treatments available to relax and unwind. Call us today and book your appointment . Walk-ins are also welcome."
Delete the "also" from the next sentence, you don't need it.

4. Received is spelt wrong

5. Decide on the capital letters in your address and stick to them throughout your site

6. Have a look at your offers - you have written manicure/Pedicure - make it either capital or small, but make it the same.

7. You should have the text size the same throughout your site. The text on your welcome page is a good size to read, but on your offers page it is tiny.

I haven't checked prices or anything else. Just a general overview but i hope it helps you. Good luck with everything xx

Hello!

Well done, it's hard work doing the website yourself isn't it.

I've done mine with vistaprint so I know you're limited with what you can do with the side bar menu's and a few other things.

I think your logo is great but I would make it bigger - be proud!!!

Also to avoid the long treatment page you could break it down e.g Hand & Nails, Hair removal just my opinion, when doing mine I just thought it looked better than going on and on.

Have a look at mine it's Rejuvenate - Home and see what you think - you may hate it but as mine is with vistaprint it may give you some idea's, your's have given me some. lol

Good luck with it all, hope it brings you lots of business!! x

Hello!

Well done, it's hard work doing the website yourself isn't it.

I've done mine with vistaprint so I know you're limited with what you can do with the side bar menu's and a few other things.

I think your logo is great but I would make it bigger - be proud!!!

Also to avoid the long treatment page you could break it down e.g Hand & Nails, Hair removal just my opinion, when doing mine I just thought it looked better than going on and on.

Have a look at mine it's Rejuvenate - Home and see what you think - you may hate it but as mine is with vistaprint it may give you some idea's, your's have given me some. lol

Good luck with it all, hope it brings you lots of business!! x

I love ur pages layout ! Will def be changing to this :) thankyou so much for ur help xxx

Looks great! Can I add a little something... your logo is central but the text saying welcome isn't central under it. Unless its just my silly phone... x

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

My layouts are limited with vistaprint so finding a way of getting it all equal is difficult :( when I can afford more I will invest in a proper designer etc :) cx

your prices are extremely cheap for certain things?

£10 for a 1hour massage?!!! and £7 for a half leg wax?

are these correct? xx

Massages where not by me but a rent-ee so had no contro of price. But yes £7 for half a leg wax. In my area that is average price for treatments x

Is the purchase price of your wax cheaper in your area?
Last time I ordered wax from perron rigot the price was the same wherever you were in the country.

I make a good % on my treatments and earn a good living from my salon. I'm happy with that. A leg wax costs 30p ish to do. So I make that around a 400% mark up I'm happy with that

30p for product costs, maybe, but there's all the on costs too.

Latest posts

Back