Website help thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i want to set up a website, i'm not technically minded and have never set up a website before. Do you think this is something i Can do myself or pay somebody to do? And if i do it myself how do i do it? What Company do i use? Ect. Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Catch 22. Some people do it themselves but it depends on how much free time you have on your hands. Making a really good site yourself could take days even weeks out of your schedule.

There are free/cheap web builders you can use:
Wix
Webs
VistaPrint
plus many more.

Personally I wouldn't use any of them as it's a waste of time if you ever want to try get your website ranked well in google.

We do websites for fellow geeks so if you did want to look at paying someone to do it feel free to shoot me a message. If you shop around just make sure you understand what you're getting for your money. Don't let companies talk you into anything or confuse you with technical jargon.

Hope this helps.

I did mine myself and, whilst I like how it is now, if I were to start again I'd have it done professionally. It is hard work when you're not techy and I've had to call in lots of favours.

Catch 22. Some people do it themselves but it depends on how much free time you have on your hands. Making a really good site yourself could take days even weeks out of your schedule.

There are free/cheap web builders you can use:
Wix
Webs
VistaPrint
plus many more.

Personally I wouldn't use any of them as it's a waste of time if you ever want to try get your website ranked well in google.

We do websites for fellow geeks so if you did want to look at paying someone to do it feel free to shoot me a message. If you shop around just make sure you understand what you're getting for your money. Don't let companies talk you into anything or confuse you with technical jargon.

Hope this helps.

Thanks i was thinking of asking ye, your already doing my logo.

I did mine myself and, whilst I like how it is now, if I were to start again I'd have it done professionally. It is hard work when you're not techy and I've had to call in lots of favours.

Yea think i'm better of to make sure its done right from the begining

Latest posts

Back