Website Help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

944-nails

Reaction score
I'm just setting up my own website with 123-reg.co.uk and have purchased ECommerce as well as the website can anyone give me any tips on setting up?

Also with regards to email addresses does anyone know how to actually get an email address for your site?

This is my site here - Historic Glamour - Home any advice on it would be much appreciated, I'm not great with computers!!

Thanks and Regards,
Nicola

I haven't used the 123-reg ecommerce package, so would not be able to advise on that.

However, when you buy a domain from 123-reg, it normally comes with an "E-mail Forwarding" option, where you can get any email that comes in to your domain (e.g. [email protected]) to be re-directed to an email address of your choice (e.g. [email protected]) - you should be able to do that from the 123-reg control panel. I'd recommend doing that, as it would look more professional, and then you could display [email protected] on your web site rather than your fsmail.net address.

That would be a cheaper option than actually buying a "mailbox" from 123-reg. When you choose the mailbox option, it sets you up your own POP3 mailbox on a server at 123-reg (which you could configure Outlook or whatever to connect to to retrieve your email), and I think they also offer a webmail option where you could check any messages that have gone through to that mailbox via a web browser. But if you're happy for messages to get sent to your fsmail.net email anyway then there wouldn't really be any point in doing that.

Other than that, the site looks OK; I guess you are using one of the 123-reg template builders for it?

Ruth

Thanks so much for the advice, goes off the 123reg to find email forwarding!!

Yeah using a template builder as I haven't the first clue as to building an actual website and can't afford to get a professional to do it!!

Hiya

I just made a website for my beauty biz with Godaddy.com and just found out (after printing all my biz cards etc :rolleyes:) that I get a free email addy with it! I just didn't think to look before and what a costly mistake as all my literature has my personal email addy on it :mad: anyway, look everywhere on your 123 log in page and see if you have one, if not you might have to buy one to go with your package but I wouldn't have thought it would be that expensive.

I also have a site with SBI! but that's £150 a year. Well worth it though.

Hope that helps :)

Sarah. x

Thanks so much for the advice, goes off the 123reg to find email forwarding!!

Yeah using a template builder as I haven't the first clue as to building an actual website and can't afford to get a professional to do it!!

How much have you been quoted by a professional to design a web site then? Was it really expensive?

Latest posts

Back