website please take a look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkirocco

Reaction score
Hello i have just done a rough draft of my website and did not know where to start so am pleased to have come this far. Could anybody take a look and tell me what you think. I wont be at all offended but could use some advice thanks loads nikki
gloss nails & beauty |

Wont open for me!!!

Sorry!!
xx

Seem to be having a little problem with viewing it. But don't panic, it could be my end.
Just see if anyone else is having a problem first.

Seem to be having a little problem with viewing it. But don't panic, it could be my end.
Just see if anyone else is having a problem first.

me too! :rolleyes:

I tried 3 times but couldnt get the page to open ?

Thats really strange because i can open it from the link so have not got a clue how to correct it oops

it looks great

well done

would be nice to see some bridal makeup pics

Working fine for me...nice website with some flash

Great start - well done!

A few changes I would make:

1. All sentences on the first page begin with "I" - a bit too repetative so I would re-word and add little bit more info. If you are talking about yourself as opposed to you as a third party I would add your name on that first page somewhere too!

2. Add some more pictures which will make it more personal.

3. Do you have a Logo - I would add this on too - to give more of the personal look.

will look some more and add more info later.

HTH

working now

xx

thanks theresa i will try and make those changes. It seems to have taken me ages because i don't know what i am doing really. Do i have to use my own photos or can i use any templates or something?

thanks theresa i will try and make those changes. It seems to have taken me ages because i don't know what i am doing really. Do i have to use my own photos or can i use any templates or something?

How can you say you dont know what you ae doing when you have made such a great start!

You should use your own pictures really unless you have permission from the originator to use them. It is a great way to advertise your work.

Have a nosey as what some other geeks have done with their freeweb sites for ideas. I am sure they wont mind.

HTH

Looking good!!, i wouldnt know where to start!!!

GOOD LUCK xx

Check out some of Seanny's posts about website optimisation and try and incorporate as many as possible. Some of the pictures didnt load but then I am impatient and if the files are too big then I maybe didnt wait long enough LOL. Also some of the photos are either too bright or too blurred, being perfectly honest they are better off not being there if the potential clients cant see them clearly enough.

It looks to have good potential though.

i love the fresh soft colour to your site very clean looking xx

it's looking good but i think some really basic things like capital letters missing - the area you live and the products you are trained with should be capitals. Also in your navigation box down the side there is a combination of capital and lower case letters - make sure they're all the same or it looks unprofessional

xx

Well done hun i think its lovely as it is fresh x

I think you have done really welll, i like the coloursand agree that more pics would be good ( people like to see what they are getting) !

If you don`t mind me saying your enhancements prices seem a bit low.......is that the going rate where you live?

Well done its much better than my attempt at freewebs xx

Check out some of Seanny's posts about website optimisation and try and incorporate as many as possible. Some of the pictures didnt load but then I am impatient and if the files are too big then I maybe didnt wait long enough LOL. Also some of the photos are either too bright or too blurred, being perfectly honest they are better off not being there if the potential clients cant see them clearly enough.

It looks to have good potential though.
I had the same trouble with the pics and agree that the ones I looked at were not clear enough
Having said that overall I thought it looked pretty good.

Thanks for all your replies. I will definately take on board your thoughts and as soon as i have some time i will try and improve it. I need to get my camera out and start taking some decent photo's.

Latest posts

Back