Wedding invitation protocol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Manicure

Reaction score
We've been invited to a wedding. It's no one close, just someone my OH use to work with and I've met a couple of times. We're not going as it would mean a whole weekend away and having the kids looked after (impossible) etc. etc.

We politely declined. I sent back the little card and ticked the box which said we weren't going and OH sent him a text apologising and explaining why we weren't going.

Another colleague who was also invited declined too but sent a cheque with the inability card. (The wedding couple asked for money as a gift for their Honeymoon).

Should you send a gift even if you're not going? I've never declined a wedding before so am unsure. Now I'm worried we've done something wrong. Oops. :o

If they were close I would but not in your situation I wouldn't.
Xx

Thank you Lila, that's what I thought. You've alleviated my fears. :hug:

When I got married there was just a couple of people that gave us gifts that weren't able to make the wedding and I was dead surprised that they gave us anything, I definitely didn't expect it or do it myself unless, as lila said, it was someone really close!

Amanda xx

Latest posts

Back