Wedding Nails...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roseblanc

Reaction score
I have a client coming in tomorrow morning for a set of gels. She has a wedding to attend to on the 21st, and she's leaving on the 16th (the wedding is on the other side of the country). Now she absolutely wants ME to do her nails - but I've been struggling with the idea because her nails grow rather quickly and by the time the wedding rolls around she'll be in need for a fill already (yes, her nails grow THAT fast), but she'll be 4,900kms away. I don't want her showing up to this wedding (her sons wedding no less) with nails that are in serious need of a fill, but she won't let anyone else touch her hands. I'm almost tempted to send her off with a file and bottle of top coat lol (But I don't want her touching her own nails and damaging them... not exactly professional of me lol). So I'm at a loss... what can I do or what advice can I give her so that her nails will still be beautiful in a week?

Last edited:
Unless she's leaving for the wedding soon, can't she have them done at the last minute? :eek:

Unless she's leaving for the wedding soon, can't she have them done at the last minute? :eek:
She's leaving on Monday morning and the only available time she has is tomorrow morning.
:cry:

Melissa, you know what I do when there is a time for a rebalance and no time to do it? :) I take some glitter nail polish or put some loose glitters on the area where the ntural nail is seen. I would draw some glitter drops, or icicles there, so that there is some design. Also you can't really see that the nail needs to be rebalanced :)

Try it!

Melissa, you know what I do when there is a time for a rebalance and no time to do it? :) I take some glitter nail polish or put some loose glitters on the area where the ntural nail is seen. I would draw some glitter drops, or icicles there, so that there is some design. Also you can't really see that the nail needs to be rebalanced :)

Try it!
Thats a great idea, but she wants a simple french manicure.

Where are you located Liliya? Any chance your in Victoria BC (as thats where my client will be heading to)??? LOL!

Thats a great idea, but she wants a simple french manicure.

Where are you located Liliya? Any chance your in Victoria BC (as thats where my client will be heading to)??? LOL!

Hi, no :) I am in Richmond Hill, Ontario :)

Then another tip- it is also possible to put a small stone on the nail where the natural nail is...this again will help a bit :)

Can you actually make a the gel/acrylic part that thin, so when the nail grows there is almost no difference in "levels"?

I have one picture showing it, so if you are interested please write me a private message and I will post it for you.

As much as I hate to say (or do) it, in this situation, I would say place the smile line quite far down the nail....as far as you think she'll grow in the weeks until the wedding. And since they are gel, they will probably be fine as far as lifting, but I would blend zone 3 as smooth as possible and recommend a top coat for her to apply every week or so. If the top coat is a nice thick one, it should blend fine by the second or third top coat application she does. Other than this, there is nothing you can do to stop nails growing so she will just have to have grown out nails for the wedding, simple as that.

As much as I hate to say (or do) it, in this situation, I would say place the smile line quite far down the nail....as far as you think she'll grow in the weeks until the wedding. And since they are gel, they will probably be fine as far as lifting, but I would blend zone 3 as smooth as possible and recommend a top coat for her to apply every week or so. If the top coat is a nice thick one, it should blend fine by the second or third top coat application she does. Other than this, there is nothing you can do to stop nails growing so she will just have to have grown out nails for the wedding, simple as that.

I agree, and I think this is probably what I'm going to have to do. I hate the idea of leaving her in this situation - it would be so much easier if I knew someone I could recommend her to in BC ....

Thank you everyone for your advice... it was very very much appreciated!

Wonder if she loves you enough to take you with her...

Sorry i know my reply is a bit late to help you now but i would have used a coverage pink on her nail bed and then no one would have seen a gap at the free edge as the nails grew,
and blended zone 3 really flush (which im sure you do anyway)
hth for future times :hug:

Roseblanc, the famous and lovely Christine Turner is based in BC. See her site at http://naildiva.ca

You can be totally confident her salon will take care of your client. Her salon won awards from NAILS mag I believe.

Roseblanc, the famous and lovely Christine Turner is based in BC. See her site at Untitled Document

You can be totally confident her salon will take care of your client. Her salon won awards from NAILS mag I believe.

Thank you for the wonderful gesture, but unfortunately Christine is based on the mainland. My client is going to be 3 hours away from her on Vancouver Island.

Thank you for the wonderful gesture, but unfortunately Christine is based on the mainland. My client is going to be 3 hours away from her on Vancouver Island.

OK - sorry I should have checked google maps.

Oh no! Don't be sorry! It's the thought that counts and it was very nice of you :)

Latest posts

Back