Weebly website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckismassage

Reaction score
After all the good reviews I had found on here about weebly I decided to design my website with them as Wix wanted me to upgrade to add a domain which I don't want to do. Well after weeks of adding stuff to my website today I went to publish it and it won't take a .Co. uk domain! It wants me to upgrade and I cannot really afford another monthly outgoing as I'm just starting back up. I don't mind buying a .com but does anyone know if I can redirect the .co.uk website to the .com one without upgrading? As all my flyers etc have the .co.uk website on :-(

Who are your domains purchased with?
There are ways but also a .com isn't good for your SEO when you're a UK company.

My domain is with godaddy.
I managed to get an answer from weebly and they've said I must upgrade to use my .Co. uk. So I have to point it to my Web page but pay for the privilege.

Okay well to answer your question, if you buy a .com on your GoDaddy account to use with your Weebly site you should be able to setup a redirect on your domain within GoDaddy to auto direct the .co.uk to the .com.

Paying to use the .co.uk is something that you should certainly consider. The cost is absolutely minimal in the grand scheme of things.

Remember you get what you pay for in life and these free web builders need to re-coup finances somehow. They are a business. The cost to use the domain will practically just cover the server cost they're hosting your site on.

No you can't, I own .com but have to pay to add it so I just use the .weebly one

Thank you. I am considering the package but it just cuts adverts and let's me use my .Co. uk for £60 a year. I used moonfruit when I was open before and that was free to add my domain but didn't have a section to add meta words etc for seo. Just hope business takes off this time as I have to pay hubby back lol.
Than you for your help

Thank you. I am considering the package but it just cuts adverts and let's me use my .Co. uk for £60 a year. I used moonfruit when I was open before and that was free to add my domain but didn't have a section to add meta words etc for seo. Just hope business takes off this time as I have to pay hubby back lol.
Than you for your help
Have you been doing your own seo meta words etc on weebly?

Yes I have. Iv got to go back through them though as I'm not sure iv done them right. I think they have a how to on there.

The SEO doesn't mean much on these web builders anyway due to the way they're made. It can be difficult to rank these free web builder sites.

Iv just looked on the "show me your weebly site" thread and people are using .Co. uk s and not paying? I'm confused.
Iv also just realised if I pay then point my domain my Web address on the website will still appear .weebly.com?! Thinking I might try and rebuild with wix or something it'll be cheaper a month to use my actual domain.

Oh wix has the same issue as weebly. How is everyone else using a .Co.uk on weebly?

People will be either paying or be signed up from a time it might of been free although I always thought it was a paid add on.
If you pay to use your domain I'm pretty sure you won't have the .weebly.com extension anymore.

Latest posts

Back