Weekend/party nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau-T

Reaction score
What do you charge for a full set of weekend nails?

The reason i ask is because it just took me over 2hrs to complete a set (i am very new) and i charge £12. But i'm thinking that is either waaay too cheap, or i am waaay too slow!:eek:

I have to be honest, it was worth it, they looked beautiful. Nobody will ever know they are an enhancement. But still i think i've somehow managed to rob myself somewhere along the line.

What do you think, should i change my price?

T x

mmmm weekend nails...............stick a tip on either popit over the top, or a slick of gel..............................what did you do ?

I use a buff off gel too...here are my thoughts on weekend nails that i wrote on another thread...HTH x

I just don't get this weekend nails thing...never have. By the time you have prepped, applied tips and blended you may as well have done a full set of enhancements....let alone apply gel/L&p/resin.

yet clients think they will cost far less cos they are "weekend nails"

If someone wants nails just for the weekend for a special occasion i use false nails..."stick ons"....i buy them...i size them...i apply them professionally and its all done in less than 30 mins. They are stronger than just a blended tip so i know they will last the weekend and everyones happy....I charge the price of the false nails and £10 for my time...which really is minimal.

OK maybe this is where our training differs sightly LOL

I prep, apply tips, shape n blend, then buff. This client wanted a french finish, so i polished too. No gel, no popit (don't use these yet).

I differ in that i do believe they have their place, the lady i did them for is going away for a few days and she had ruined her natural free edges at work, so they didn't look very attractive. She just wanted something temporary, that might look asthetically pleasing for the few days she's away... not nails that she would have to upkeep.

Having said that she is a regular manicure client of mine, so she does the maintenance thing anyway.

So do you agree that £12 is too cheap?

For my clients that want a temporary fix with no upkeep i do as i said above....use stick on nails...its quick, effective and they are alot stronger than just a tip....i have applied a tip on myself with nothing on and it lasted about an hour....:lol:

LOL... thanks Angie, i think i'll bear that in mind x

I have just rec'd my "Gel Life" trial kit by Dashing Diva. I am hoping that their approach to "weekend Nails" will cure my Grad and Wedding woes.

It drives me bonkers to sculpt a full set for a client for Grad Day or Wedding Day just to see them 3 days later and they have most/all chewed off!

There are 3 different systems for this and I have been chatting with another tech that has them and she says that she has had clients set as much as 2 weeks out of them. They are applied with soak off gel and no buffing of natural nail...

I am doing my first set on Friday...will keep you all posted

Taking two hours to do "weekend nails" (we call them party nails) is taking way too long. Should only take 45 mins to an hour at the most. If you use white or colored tips you won't have to blend them, do 2-3 coats of resin, buff, topcoat and you are done. These should last about two weeks.

Does using a full nail look natural? And if you only glue them down, how do they stay on and for how long?

I advertise them as weekend/party nails. I know what you mean with the coloured tips, but for this lady that wouldn't have suited her. She's 62 and wanted a natural appearance. But i can understand what you're saying. Thank you.

I'm not convinced about the stick on nails, i just don't think it would make me look very professional. And i don't imagine many people would pay for something they could do themselves.

I'm not convinced about the stick on nails, i just don't think it would make me look very professional. And i don't imagine many people would pay for something they could do themselves.

well they do....:) cos i do them. How many times do you hear people say.."stick on nails are ok but they ping off"...well fitted professionally by me they don't.

If i get someone like a nurse who cant have nails on but wants them for a wedding/party....its the perfect solution....for us both...i don't want to spend too long on them and she don't want to spend too much on them.

i think this is great have looked at stocking them for a while but, thought not many professionals use them, do you think they will be worth getting in?x

I think these sound great, i haven't heard of them being done by professionals before but it really makes sense for a lot of clients! I use NSI, would the stick on's last if i used the same NSI glue i use for my enhancements?

Angie, how do you apply them? Do you use the glue you use to stick tips on - in my case gelbond? Is that all you do or do you do anything else? Any tips appreciated as my daughter can't have acrylics on for college and wants a set of stick ons for the weekend, thanks.:)

I use Gelbond....I clean the nail plate....I trim/file the "stick on's" so that they fit perfectly....(the reason why i thinks so many stick on's look terrible is because they don't fit) I reduce then length if they are too long...(often they are) and then apply clear top coat to boost that shine.

I have actually got a few new clients from this....they had a set of weekend nails that i did for them.....loved them and wanted it perminantly...so they now have Gel Overlays and come every 3-4 weeks....:)

Fab thanks I will try that this weekend :)

How do the weekend nails come off do they need to be soaked off, and do the clients tend to just pick them off at all xxxx

How do the weekend nails come off do they need to be soaked off, and do the clients tend to just pick them off at all xxxx

If I do Weekend nails or Occasional nails as I call them, I usually apply a small amount of gel ( I'd usually use Bio gel) and advise the client to return to have them soaked off.

I find they usually wear them until they pop off or yes they pull them off!!! :eek:

I would usually only do them for a nurse that can't wear enhancements in work and they are happy to have them for a few days (sometimes they'll last a week or two)

I charge €30 and I do think that £12 is very cheap..... the way I look at it is, you could buy the stick on ones for about €12 in the chemist, so I'm going to charge at least twice that for my time and the fact they look so much better than stick ons as well as lasting longer.

Latest posts

Back