Weight loss programmes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubblegumsugar

Reaction score
Hi I've lost weight twice doing slimming world after having my children and it's worked really well but for some reason I've got into bad habits and put it all on again :( I just can't seem to get motivated to do it even though I really want to lose weight!I'm not sure if it's because I need to try something new!? Does anyone know any good weight loss programmes that work (not expensive!) or any motivation tips!? Any help most appreciated! :)

I also lost 3 stone on Slimming World many moons ago, 2 years ago I put on 8 stone (due to ill health and of course over eating) and went back to SW, but I found I couldnt do it again, because I knew the diet I felt that I didnt have to read through books and wasnt as strict as the first time I did it
So I decided to go with Weight Watchers and it worked because it was new and challenging as I had to read everything, so far I have lost 3 stone and am still going strong

Actually I think that's why it has been so hard this time, I've not been reading what I should be having,writing food down I've had etc I think when it's something new you really stick to it.Well done you for doing so well!! :) I will look into weight watchers

I put on a stone and half when I met my hubby (he was constantly taking me out for meals etc) and I started weight watchers and lost it in 6 weeks, it really makes you look at what your eating and where to make the changes :biggrin:

I have recently lost about 1 stone. No diet. Just (as Dr Hilary Jones on gmtv/this morning said) "Eat less - move more".

I have been doing precisely that. I eat what I like, just less of it! If I want Indian/Chinese, I have it, just not as much as I used to have! Eat when hungry, and not when it is "lunch/dinner time". Try and listen to your body, eat small amounts when hungry, eat slowly, and stop when full - not when plate empty.

The best weight loss tip I was given recently was to imagine your stomach the size of a clenched fist. Look at the huge plate of food you have in front of you and compare it to your clenched fist, and then think of how your stomach could cope with that amount of food. Any excess = too much. You will soon reduce the amount of food you are putting in your body - and you will be suprised at how not hungry you are!

I have done probably all diets going (inc cabbage, atkins etc........). I think to deprive yourself of something only sets you up to fail, so I am sticking to my new regime, and it's working!

hth and GOOD LUCK! ps one more stone (hopefully more) to go.

ps - and dont forget the exercise - it works wonders! xxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back