Wella colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adelahoya

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
I have a client going from full head bleach foils, to the picture below. She has only about 1.5cm regrowth which is around base 5/6. Any advice on the colour for this base at the top of the hair? Should I pre pig? Thanks.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409746052.457211.jpg

Hi Geeks
I have a client going from full head bleach foils, to the picture below. She has only about 1.5cm regrowth which is around base 5/6. Any advice on the colour for this base at the top of the hair? Should I pre pig? Thanks.
View attachment 74174

Are you comfortable with doing colour corrections?

What's your idea to do this?

I use Wella, so I'd use a 6/0 & 7/37 with 3% for about 40 -45 mins without pre-pig. I've done it before & turned out as a natural warm 6/0 & I'd just foil the sections with conditioner you don't want covering.

Thanks penn2penn 😊
Colour Girly, I was going to do a few foils through the parting and then apply a pre prig gold and use colour touch over it for the best shine. Toning the ends finally with Illumnia. I have been away from hairdressing for a while so just getting back into it with the new colour techniques! x

I use Wella, so I'd use a 6/0 & 7/37 with 3% for about 40 -45 mins without pre-pig. I've done it before & turned out as a natural warm 6/0 & I'd just foil the sections with conditioner you don't want covering.

There's that famous Wella 3% again!!

Wella doesn't have a 3% you use 6% to darken or CT.

Not really a hairdresser lady

I've been a hairdresser for 30 years thanks

There's a 2.9% labelled as pastel but not a 3% but I'm pretty sure there's a 3% in America

Then I'm sure you know Wella doesn't have a 3%. Must have been a typo.

There's a 2.9% labelled as pastel but not a 3% but I'm pretty sure there's a 3% in America

Correct me if I'm wrong but pastel is used with 9/10 lines for toning purposes - not for darkening as you would with 3% in other brands.

A lot of your posts seem to be ending with "Not really a hairdresser lady". Not sure if you're aware if this as I'm sure you don't mean to offend.

Correct me if I'm wrong but pastel is used with 9/10 lines for toning purposes - not for darkening as you would with 3% in other brands.

Yes you're correct. Though pastel can be used with illumina to darken but it's stated that it can be done with koleston

Yes you're correct. Though pastel can be used with illumina to darken but it's stated that it can be done with koleston

Not stated*

Lol that's her signature. It's not a slur on anyone else (more a slur thrown at her by another geek!)

I wouldn't use pastel/3% to darken with any Wella range. I'd use it for a gloss with 9/10 and possibly darker in the illumina range but that's all. I use Pastel mainly with bleach.

I wouldn't use pastel/3% to darken with any Wella range. I'd use it for a gloss with 9/10 and possibly darker in the illumina range but that's all. I use Pastel mainly with bleach.

Agree

You can also use 1.9% to gloss with illumina.

A lot of your posts seem to be ending with "Not really a hairdresser lady". Not sure if you're aware if this as I'm sure you don't mean to offend.

It's my brand new fancy signature.

I just came up with it one day .....

Lol that's her signature. It's not a slur on anyone else (more a slur thrown at her by another geek!)

Now now kimmi it's all my own material!

Catwomen by day, SG lurker by night.

Agree

You can also use 1.9% to gloss with illumina.

Really?! Where did you read that? Wella wouldn't advise and I don't know why you would do that, what would be the specific advantage?

I don't mean to be rude but you give out a lot of incorrect advice. Please don't.

Really?! Where did you read that? Wella wouldn't advise and I don't know why you would do that, what would be the specific advantage?

I don't mean to be rude but you give out a lot of incorrect advice. Please don't.

Isn't it mixed with an anti oxi for glossing service as well as pastel? I haven't actually used it for the glossing service since we got Illumina so I need reminding. I still go straight for my CT clear glaze for a gloss!

I tend to do a gloss with 1:2 with pastel. But I know some use conditioner too.

I like all the relights range for glossing, depending on what you want from it!

Latest posts

Back