Wella colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wasn't the UK website, sorry. Just the one that came up when I searched for the UK one. I wanted to see if there was a difference in the US and UK which may settle some different opinions.

Hmm. It's all quite confusing. Hopefully it'll all be cleared up in the morning

Hmm. It's all quite confusing. Hopefully it'll all be cleared up in the morning

I'm ready to give up on this discussion. I'm curious to see what kimi comes back with. Everyone does things their own way and not necessarily how it is "suppose" to be done.

Same product so something like which developer to use should shouldnt differ

Not really a hairdresser lady

I'm ready to give up on this discussion. I'm curious to see what kimi comes back with. Everyone does things their own way and not necessarily how it is "suppose" to be done.

Uh oh!

Don't say that you'll start WW3.

Uh oh!

Don't say that you'll start WW3.

All I needed to do was mention Christmas. I feel like THAT may have ruffled some feathers 😆

I completely agree. With a lot of things in hairdressing it's a matter of personal opinion.

I have seen this "recipe" before, supposedly as a way of creating a no-lift demi using permanent colour (and 10vol). The conditioner will cut the working volume of the peroxide and the acidity of the conditioner lowers the pH. Never tried it myself though.

Last edited:
So I've tried the glossing service on my own hair. worked really wella. I think its marketing too though. A way for wella to deal with the fact that we dont want to refresh color with a permanent dye since you can't do newgrowth with illumina and refresh the midlengths and ends with ct.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
They do recommend different things in different countries (why, I have no idea)

We found a box of magma that said you could use on the scalp at 6%. Took it to the studio and were told no way, it must be a foreign box. I think you could use it but the official UK guidelines must be followed by techs?

They do recommend different things in different countries (why, I have no idea)

We found a box of magma that said you could use on the scalp at 6%. Took it to the studio and were told no way, it must be a foreign box. I think you could use it but the official UK guidelines must be followed by techs?

Hmm can't understand why they'd recommend different things in different countries

I wouldn't use pastel to darken. It's 20vol for that. And for illumina glossing its pastel/tint/conditioner not 1.9%

Really?! Where did you read that? Wella wouldn't advise and I don't know why you would do that, what would be the specific advantage?

I don't mean to be rude but you give out a lot of incorrect advice. Please don't.

I asked Wella about using colour colour touch peroxide with illumina cause it states on there site it can ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409831044.204152.jpg
She says in different country's they can't get hold of pastel so they use this instead. So why can't we use it??
Also advise pastel can be used to refresh colour with illumina and kp.

I asked Wella about using colour colour touch peroxide with illumina cause it states on there site it can View attachment 74235
She says in different country's they can't get hold of pastel so they use this instead. So why can't we use it??

Agree! I've used pastel to darken with illumina and didn't effect the result

I asked Wella about using colour colour touch peroxide with illumina cause it states on there site it can View attachment 74235

That's not wella uk. The uk version is pastel with illumina.

I use Wella, so I'd use a 6/0 & 7/37 with 3% for about 40 -45 mins without pre-pig. I've done it before & turned out as a natural warm 6/0 & I'd just foil the sections with conditioner you don't want covering.

I don't no were you would come up with this!
1. Wella dont have 3%
2. Your forgetting the op said her client has a regrowth of a level 5/6
3.you would need to use Kp for roots ct for mids
4. you would 100 % need to prepig
5. going over a full head of bleach h/ls you would be better using CT for condition
6. No need for foils and conditioner you can just feather the CT into a toner on the ends
7. You would put your pre pig in with your tint for this
And 7. The top colour does not look like a level 7 and definitely not a 7/73
I'd say there are a few things you haven't covered here and even got wrong! 30yrs of hairdressing doesn't mean you no it all! it sounds like you need to do a refresher corse in colour correction if you are trained in this.

I had some illumina at the salon so before work I did a little test with the 1:1:1 mixture. Although with a different conditioner, adding it hardly made any difference to the pH, it lowered it by about 0.1 so I imagine it might just dilute the developer slightly.

I hope kimi finds out the real reason from wella! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's interesting that wella have diffent developers and methods in different countries, it's the same with L'Oreal, they have 3% elsewhere and even the rules and and methods for things like precolouring vary across the world.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was told their bleach in places like Hong Kong is different because of the humidity.

I didn't get a chance to call Wella today as I've been busy but I will call tomorrow as I have a calmer day at the other salon.

Knowledge always over takes years if experience- I think we all know that.

Latest posts

Back