Wella geeks-pastel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollie1985

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what percentage pastel is? Now iv always thought it was 2.9 but having read few recent things it's seems it's changed and it's now 1.9 I think it was that I read? Can someone please clarify xx

There are several threads about this. Use the search function.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Its 1.9 percent hun. Feel free to create a new thread if you like as it doesn't hurt to ask :) xxx

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

What is important here is to understand that there is no substitute for it.

I've been curious about pastel. (So kindly please refrain from asking me to search. Sometimes questions need to be answered.)

Is pastel the same as L' Oreal Diactivateur in that it's mostly used with demi/toners ?

I've recently been strand testing and also testing on a colleague of mine with Wella Koleston Perfect and cream lighteners/bleaches.

Is Pastel a bit runnier than Koleston Perfect? Thank you!

Apologies, mollie1985 didn't mean to overtake your thread, but I've been so curious about it Xx.

Pastel is specially designed to be used with koleston perfect and Illumina - which are ammonia based - for toning and depositing. I'm not familiar with L'Oreal. Maybe Adamlea could help on that one.

Colourtouch is ammonia free and uses MEA (only a small amount though) hence why the activators are specially designed to work together. I know there has been a debate on here before about them both but pastel is designed to work with ammonia based products and Colourtouch emulsion with Colourtouch. That's how I look at it. Hope that helps.

I know in some countries they recommend emulsion but that's only when pastel is not available.

Just for your information I did search and couldn't find anything about the 1.9% and also had conflicting information about it and also iv been on this site for years and have given free time to give advice over those years, you have been on here for few months so don't speak to me like I'm a 16 year old newbie and that I don't know the "rules" I have never been so fed up with this site than what I have recently, some people need to get off their high horses !

Last edited:
Its 1.9 percent hun. Feel free to create a new thread if you like as it doesn't hurt to ask :) xxx

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thankyou for your answer to a question I had, do you know why it's changed then why has it went from 2.9 to now 1.9 ? Xx

Rather rude. Mollie has a wealth of knowledge and always offers help to anybody who asks and deserves some respect.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Rather rude. Mollie has a wealth of knowledge and always offers help to anybody who asks and deserves some respect.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Aw Thankyou, it's ok I obviously understand how frustrating it is if a question is always repeated but I genuinely haven't seen this been answered iv seen someone saying in here before it's now meant to be 1.9 but I never seen a definite answer and I tried a search and couldn't see anything xx

I wonder if it ever has been 2.9? Or whether we were told it was but this was false information? I also used to think it was 2.9.

Pastel is specially designed to be used with koleston perfect and Illumina - which are ammonia based - for toning and depositing. I'm not familiar with L'Oreal. Maybe Adamlea could help on that one.

Colourtouch is ammonia free and uses MEA (only a small amount though) hence why the activators are specially designed to work together. I know there has been a debate on here before about them both but pastel is designed to work with ammonia based products and Colourtouch emulsion with Colourtouch. That's how I look at it. Hope that helps.

I know in some countries they recommend emulsion but that's only when pastel is not available.

Hi do you know why it's changed now then? Has the formula been changed to 1.9 or have they just decided to change it to 1.9 xx

Wella have told sugarplumfaery and I it is approximately 2%.

I once read on here that it was 2.9% which is incorrect.

Wella have told sugarplumfaery and I it is approximately 2%.

I once read on here that it was 2.9% which is incorrect.

Ah ok, so was it never 2.9% then? So it's about 2% then? Xx

[ QUOTE=cams97;2339920]I wonder if it ever has been 2.9? Or whether we were told it was but this was false information? I also used to think it was 2.9.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what is confusing me lol x

Didn't intend it to be rude. There has been a ton of debate about this very issue and posts were made by people who really know wella ie bekstar. Someone even contacted the company and coul get and absolute answer.

I if your looking for rudeness, you'll find it.

Just for your information I did search and couldn't find anything about the 1.9% and also had conflicting information about it and also iv been on this site for years and have given free time to give advice over those years, you have been on here for few months so don't speak to me like I'm a 16 year old newbie and that I don't know the "rules" I have never been so fed up with this site than what I have recently, some people need to get off their high horses !

How exactly did you read all that into "try using the search function?

How exactly did you read all that into "try using the search function?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app[/

Tell you what if it bothers you so much that you can't just ignore my topic can you go search for them and send the links then??

Speaking to me like I don't know how to use the search box, did it ever occur to you that I did and couldn't find the posts?? To be honest it's not just you it just seems ever time a question is asked there has to be something negative said first, iv never seen salon geek as bad as it is now and it's due to the people on it, think some people need to remember they don't own the site and they certainly aren't moderators so should stop acting like one!

I honestly think ts sparkler didn't mean any harm by what he said. He's always so lovely and helpful I think maybe it was read wrongly. You know how texts / emails can be taken wrongly sometimes. The pastel debate is an elusive one. Wella is rather vague about what percentage pastel is, ie they say it's around 2%.

I honestly think ts sparkler didn't mean any harm by what he said. He's always so lovely and helpful I think maybe it was read wrongly. You know how texts / emails can be taken wrongly sometimes. The pastel debate is an elusive one. Wella is rather vague about what percentage pastel is, ie they say it's around 2%.

Possibly!
Yes it's quite confusing isn't it, il just know now that it's around 2% lol x

Latest posts

Back