Wella Koleston 10/11 on base 6 hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either will work really nicely 12/89 12/96 :) . It will lift to a 9. It won't be too light. Then pop a toner throughout to even the colour out ;-). X x

Fab thanks! I bought 9.60 illumina yest but worried it might be too ashy. Off bac to warehouse today for more options xx

Got 10/36 in illumina too looks nice ;) x

We agree that 12/89 is a good choice, remember when working with Wella highlift tints to leave it on for the complete development time (longer than our base tints) as unlike these The highlift tints lift and then deposit the tones in the last part of the development time.
Alot of people are not achieving the correct tone as removing the product too early.
We LOVE Wella, used their colours always, always will, Fantastic Brand.

Fab thanks! I bought 9.60 illumina yest but worried it might be too ashy. Off bac to warehouse today for more options xx
9/60 is gorgeous , its violet tone , but you can always mix with 10/0 ( i always use 10/0 as a white base to lighten and to lessen tone ) :) xx
ps 10/36 is fab too, although come to think of it all Illumina are fab ! :) lol

They are releasing more illumina doing know 2 of the shades are 9/43 and 5/16.
Can't wait to get my hands on them

Are you going to be using this to tone the mid lengths and ends after you have done the roots with the highlift tint?
Because you could just refresh the ends with ur highlift.
After the full development time of the roots (not a second sooner) wet the hair with 100ml of warm water and emulsify the tint through the hair and develop visually until you have the desired tone.

Are you going to be using this to tone the mid lengths and ends after you have done the roots with the highlift tint?
Because you could just refresh the ends with ur highlift.
After the full development time of the roots (not a second sooner) wet the hair with 100ml of warm water and emulsify the tint through the hair and develop visually until you have the desired tone.

Hi ive done it :) some of it was dark so i took that through a left out all the blonde bits.
I used illumina 10/1 after on roots (forgot one is grey not blue ash in wella) and 10/34 on mid lengths and ends. She was happy with the colour anywho :) but ill keep that in mind for next time thankyou x

9/60 is gorgeous , its violet tone , but you can always mix with 10/0 ( i always use 10/0 as a white base to lighten and to lessen tone ) :) xx
ps 10/36 is fab too, although come to think of it all Illumina are fab ! :) lol

Thanks kaye wish id of thought of that! Will remember in future thankyou :) x

We agree that 12/89 is a good choice, remember when working with Wella highlift tints to leave it on for the complete development time (longer than our base tints) as unlike these The highlift tints lift and then deposit the tones in the last part of the development time.
Alot of people are not achieving the correct tone as removing the product too early.
We LOVE Wella, used their colours always, always will, Fantastic Brand.

Ive just moved onto wella and i really like it! X

if you ue 40vol/12% with a 10 it will be very yellow, the 40 vol will eat on the cool pigments of a level 10, i would rather use 10/ 8 and 6%/20 vol or 9%/30vol.
Thats not entirely correct , it doesnt interfere with the tone , it just doesnt lift as much as 12 series , level 10 range are generally only used for toning with pastels . If your wanting a nice clean blonde on a level 6 use 12 series with 12% , if your a 7 or 8 use it with 9% . But always leave on for the 55/60 mins to get true affect . If your wanting an even cleaner blonde use P/L and tone ;-) xx

Latest posts

Back