Wella Kolleston ash colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a nice ash shade using Wella Kolleston perfect, my client has decided to go lighter again with the view now to blend the white rather than try to cover it. We are now using 88/0 with a pearl ash mixtone, she understands it may be a gradual process, although her hair is short now, still will take a while.
Am I right in thinking of the 10/0 shades? any special combos anyone uses and finds nice.

If you can foil it- foil it. Keep the original colour in there and use one close to her natural white but with a slight ash blonde colour to it. Try a 12/1 which works nice against natural white and fade out the darker blonde you're using. Or, if it's really short would she be willing to grow the colour out?

Yes the 10 line would be great, say a 10/0 and 10/1 equal parts (sometimes the 10/0 can be quite warm, and the /1 too ashen)
and maybe 8/0 both in foils to break it up until the base colour grows out and then see wher you want to go from there x

She has roots so my thinking is trying to lighten it in stages so go one shade up for roots for a few times, then again for a few times then see how we are going maybe have to do some highlights to break it up her hair is short but is dark ish still at the moment.
Think ill aim for a 10 then for now I can always try lighter as we go on but she wont totally stop having colour and grow it out, so the only was I can think is to do it this way which we have done in the past with her and its not too bad but I have never gone this light with her previously. Think best way is to break up with some bleach highlights as we go on in a few months as the colour that will be on the ends wont lift out with tint.
Sometimes wish I worked in a salon for the advice but knew somone on here would point me in the right direction, thanks

Sounds like a good plan ;) x

they have shades pre mixed like 8/71 and 8/17. There is levels 5 down to 9 they are great

Right, I ended up doing 9/1 on the roots and then highlighting the rest fine highlights and used bleach with 9% for only 10 mins just to lighten it a little. Overall she was pleased with the result we now have it lighter and less obvious colour difference from roots to ends, as I was able to lift the colour slightly with the highlights. Thanks everyone for your help. x

Latest posts

Back