Wella to Matrix colour conversion query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dales nails

Reaction score
hi guys. just a quick question. I predomently use wella as my main colour line. But use some of the colour sync brunette range particularly when colouring from blonde to brunette. I just find the coverage, tone, and longevity far superior for this as opposed to wella. I am wanting to do some training on the matrix range as there is such a vast amount of products and i want to feel totally comfortable with them before using them solely in my services.
Well anyway rambling on, my sister had a colour change a few months back from wella highlift 12/89 to matrix 5wn and a little 5n at the root area. Results are stunning and do really suit her the tone and shine are immense. Now she has got used to being dark she is wanting to change tone and is wanting to go for a more burgandy tone 44/65 in wella being her target shade. What shade in matrix would be a good conversion but something along a 5 line as doesnt want to go as dark as a 4. also she has regrowth coming through which is a warm 7 line so this also needs to be taken into account. thanks in advance guys. xxx

hi guys. just a quick question. I predomently use wella as my main colour line. But use some of the colour sync brunette range particularly when colouring from blonde to brunette. I just find the coverage, tone, and longevity far superior for this as opposed to wella. I am wanting to do some training on the matrix range as there is such a vast amount of products and i want to feel totally comfortable with them before using them solely in my services.
Well anyway rambling on, my sister had a colour change a few months back from wella highlift 12/89 to matrix 5wn and a little 5n at the root area. Results are stunning and do really suit her the tone and shine are immense. Now she has got used to being dark she is wanting to change tone and is wanting to go for a more burgandy tone 44/65 in wella being her target shade. What shade in matrix would be a good conversion but something along a 5 line as doesnt want to go as dark as a 4. also she has regrowth coming through which is a warm 7 line so this also needs to be taken into account. thanks in advance guys. xxx

6rv in sync :) x

Thank you hun your a angel, was so hoping you would reply trust your advice on matrix 100%. is it more of a burgandy tone or more reddy ? and it will cover nicely over the 5wn? , that was last done around 4 weeks ago bout 1/2 inch regrowth would you add some base 5n into this? has slight fading on the ends. thanks again. xxx

Thank you hun your a angel, was so hoping you would reply trust your advice on matrix 100%. is it more of a burgandy tone or more reddy ? and it will cover nicely over the 5wn? , that was last done around 4 weeks ago bout 1/2 inch regrowth would you add some base 5n into this? has slight fading on the ends. thanks again. xxx

Noooo!! Don't put n into it, yes it's more of a reddy colour put some 8v into the mix and leave to develop for 25 :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330091119.368050.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330091119.368050.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 2,755
lol thanks hun trust your judgement. how much 8v would you add? im not going to get too much root glow am i hun? and do you always apply sync to wet hair or just damp mid lengths and ends down? sorry for all the questions! really need to book my conversion course with matrix so i can feel confident in their range. xx

lol thanks hun trust your judgement. how much 8v would you add? im not going to get too much root glow am i hun? and do you always apply sync to wet hair or just damp mid lengths and ends down? sorry for all the questions! really need to book my conversion course with matrix so i can feel confident in their range. xx

Dry hair! Only 10ml v to half tube 6rv

thanks hun you are a diamond. i shall do a test piece on those colours. ive always applied it on dry hair in the past but i know of stylists using it on wet. so love the results from colour sync.xxx

thanks hun you are a diamond. i shall do a test piece on those colours. ive always applied it on dry hair in the past but i know of stylists using it on wet. so love the results from colour sync.xxx

Wet hair is incorrect usage, unless it's the sheer pastels x

Be careful with colour sync for every 20 mins you leave it n it gets darker. Do t use the rang with a cheap peroxide use the matrix developer for maximum results. The tubes are heaped but the peroxide is pricey compared to the cheap peroxide. It's best to do it correctly xx

Be careful with colour sync for every 20 mins you leave it n it gets darker. Do t use the rang with a cheap peroxide use the matrix developer for maximum results. The tubes are heaped but the peroxide is pricey compared to the cheap peroxide. It's best to do it correctly xx

Development is 20mins, every 10 mins after. That it goes one shade darker

Oh the rep told me every 20 mins more you leave it, it will go a shade darker.

Oh the rep told me every 20 mins more you leave it, it will go a shade darker.

No 10!! I've worked with it for years, reps aren't colour technicians!!

bluerinse do you have a telephone number for them i want to change to them sick of the brand im using xx

That sounds really dodgy, if you leave it longer it gets darker!
Surely the depth you choose should be the result you get?

Development is 20mins, every 10 mins after. That it goes one shade darker

Yes you end up black sometimes haha.... We always got carried away at hair night with the other girls, forgetting the timer! ;-) xx

That sounds really dodgy, if you leave it longer it gets darker!
Surely the depth you choose should be the result you get?

True, but that's why we have development time on m.i... It is only tints that stop developing after a certain time, more like a true semi but with the staying power of a Demi. xx

Wow 10 mins, so if it takes 15 mins to get your whole colour on and then you time it from the last section you applied it to you run he risk of the place that you started being darker????
My matrix rep is a hairdresser and gave me that info xx

Wow 10 mins, so if it takes 15 mins to get your whole colour on and then you time it from the last section you applied it to you run he risk of the place that you started being darker????
My matrix rep is a hairdresser and gave me that info xx

Which is why with sync you apply it to each section from root to end in one go! Well if you put a 6 on and leave it for 30mins you'll end up with a 3 lol

The key is to just not leave it on past 20 then, wowzas timers at the ready. I have used matrix but I prefer Wella or Schwartzkopf. Xx

The key is to just not leave it on past 20 then, wowzas timers at the ready. I have used matrix but I prefer Wella or Schwartzkopf. Xx

Eww!! each to their own though I suppose Hun :)!

Latest posts

Back