Wella to Matrix colour conversion query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The key is to just not leave it on past 20 then, wowzas timers at the ready. I have used matrix but I prefer Wella or Schwartzkopf. Xx

I don't understand that, but each to there own yes blue!!

I don't understand that, but each to there own yes blue!!

Maybe we are just colour snobs, how u getting on with matrix?

lol it takes a little getting used to the concept seems a little different to other colour brands. do you not add any extra base to sync colours? i think i was just getting a little concerned with using warmer colours at the root area and having root glow.x

Maybe we are just colour snobs, how u getting on with matrix?

Absolutely love it and so do my clients, ur salon doing well so far? X

lol it takes a little getting used to the concept seems a little different to other colour brands. do you not add any extra base to sync colours? i think i was just getting a little concerned with using warmer colours at the root area and having root glow.x

Honestly switch, you will not regret it!! It's scary being out of your comfort zone but it's well worth it. Go on the matrix courses there free and help load, good luck x

Yeah going brill so far!! Better than I thought!! Xx

What do you like so much about the Matrix range and out of curiosity which range did you use previous xx

What do you like so much about the Matrix range and out of curiosity which range did you use previous xx

They last a lot longer, there shiner and more true to swatch than wella.

Their colour formulations mean you only need to use one shade and you get that colour, unlike wella where you need to mix a few, you can still customise but not a necessity.

Hi there. my sister has seen 6rv on the shade chart she loves the tones in it but feels it is too loud. she feels she wants a more mahogony warm brown but with the tones seen in 6rv. could i intermix 6rv with her usual 5wn to acheive this or would there be a easier more straightforward way?

Hi there. my sister has seen 6rv on the shade chart she loves the tones in it but feels it is too loud. she feels she wants a more mahogony warm brown but with the tones seen in 6rv. could i intermix 6rv with her usual 5wn to acheive this or would there be a easier more straightforward way?

What about BR or BC?

she wanted a little more violet tone the rb. think ill do a test piece with 6rv and see how it comes out. do you think it will give good coverage over 5wn?( this was last done about 5 weeks ago )and would you use a little 6n on her roots with 6rv to avoid root glow as she is a base 7 naturally? I have looked into doing the matrix course, as im freelance i will have to pay for this. think the earliest for the color sync course is may, but def going to do a few of the matrix courses this year as what i have used in the range i have really liked. just seems a while to wait ;(

Let us know how you get on xx

just did my sisters hair this morn. i used 6rv all over with a 6rv and a little 6n added on the root area only. left for 25 mins. the results are just what she wanted perfect tone. the mid lengths and ends did go very dark probs around a base 4, which did make the root area look a ittle lighter, what would you use on the root area next time to correct this 5rv and a little 5 n?

Im going to go over my sisters root area again next week as since she as washed it, it is looking a lot lighter compared to her mid lengths and ends. she loves everything about it the tone and depth on her midlengths and ends. her root area does have a tendency to fade v warm so what would you suggest to match it up with her midlengths and ends? and would you use a permanent instead of the sync on her root area? like i said her midlengths and ends are looking around a 4 base now and her roots are looking at a level 6 and she is naturally a 7? i was thinking of 5rv and a little 5n as the root area is screaming out for some depth, any suggestions? sorry to be a pain, just feel i want to get to grips with the whole matrix range as im loving the results. i think the next available course in my area is april?

Latest posts

Back