Wella toning help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyhair1987

Hairdressers do it with style
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for some recommendations on wella shades for toning pre lightened hair! I have found that pre-lightning the hair with blonder 6% then using 10/1 with pastel is lovely, but in some cases Id like more of a white tone! Can ne1 recommend the shades they use! Thank u x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425074867.593328.jpg
Sorry 4got 2 include pic of a lady I did 2day, we were both happy, but is like more of a white tone Nxt time, this was blondor 6% the 10/1 pastel x

So you always tone with 10/1?

Good question. The 10/1 did exactly what it's supposed to do, it softened the remaining yellow pigment. If you want to neutralize the yellow, you need violet, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Depends on what you want to achieve?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

If I bleach 1st I will normally use 10/1, that's If I think the purple shampoos/conditioners or colour fresh won't do the trick, thank u 4 ur comments x

If I bleach 1st I will normally use 10/1, that's If I think the purple shampoos/conditioners or colour fresh won't do the trick, thank u 4 ur comments x

Id suggest adding some variety to your toning, it gets boring all your blondes looking the same and being toned with the same formula. Mix it up a bit.

Yes that's what I'd like 2 do, the reason why I posted was because I wanted 2 see if there was any favourite shades that people use to tone 2 give me advice on what 2 use?

There's loads... 9/16 10/16 10/8 8/38... 9/60 illumia. Id ditch the 10/1 altogether i dont think thats the best toner z

There's loads... 9/16 10/16 10/8 8/38... 9/60 illumia. Id ditch the 10/1 altogether i dont think thats the best toner z

Thank u, I'v used the 10/16 and 9/16! Would u always use pastel 2 tone?

Colour touch and 1.9 is much better. If you always use koleston then yes pastel

I'm goin 2 try the illumina 9/60 2day I'll post a pic later! Thanx 4 ur advice x

Loreal dialight milkshakes have some brilliant pastel toners too

Be very careful with 9/60. Unless your neutralizing lots of yellow, it can go violet in just a few minutes. I mix 9/0 with 9/60 and process it for about 15, sometimes 20 minutes. Very cool, glossy, long lasting results. For whiter result on a clean 10, try 9/60 and 10/0 all with pastel, 2:1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

10/16 9/60 illumina are my favourite toners. I use fudge headpaint colours but still use wella and pastel for toning. Fudge headpaint not quite there with the toners I've tried them but still like wella.

Before I did my MCE with Wella I used 10/8 or 10/16... Now I hardly touch them as we are spoilt for choice with Welka, especially the illumina for toning. I second TSSparkler for the 9/60. I turned my client the smokiest lavender - lucky she didn't mind. Illumina 10/69 and 9/60 is lovely as a toner over prelightener

Before I did my MCE with Wella I used 10/8 or 10/16... Now I hardly touch them as we are spoilt for choice with Welka, especially the illumina for toning. I second TSSparkler for the 9/60. I turned my client the smokiest lavender - lucky she didn't mind. Illumina 10/69 and 9/60 is lovely as a toner over prelightener

I NEVER use koleston to tone anymore! Its weird...

I NEVER use koleston to tone anymore! Its weird...

I dont like toning with it either. Doesnt spread anywhere

Thank u, I didn't use the 9/60 in the end as the client I was thinking of using it on wanted 2 go abit darker! That's great advice, if I turned sum1 lavender think I'd b shocked, them 2 probably! Lol! So would u say 2 only use that if it's really really yellow then? X

It wont really make it darker unless you leave it ages. Ive used it when its just typical bleach yellow if you visually develop its fine

Latest posts

Back