Wendy's first go at fibreglass - who's a clever girl then?!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Loo.

Sorry Carole, the little "E" keeps disappearing on me.:D

talented talons said:
Hey Ruth as i consider you to be the fibreglass queen, i have a question for you.

Carol did me a lovely set of fibreglass on me using the More Than White. Now Carol was having a few probs with her resin as getting close to the end so we didn't know if this would effect it. But after the set was finished you can see the fibreglass showing up where the MTW is. Is it something to do with the resin or is it something we are doing wrong??

I did redo my nails by filing them down slightly and re-applying the resin so it doesn't show so much as my resin is new but you can stil see it. Don't know if it's because i'm looking for it as my mates don't see it like i do.

Have you got any pointers please Ruth?:D
Ok what is showing thorugh is the reflection of the fibreglass, it's the glass contents in the fibre that is reflecting the light............
When I used to use the normal resin this happend to me too, so I switch to silk.......No reflection then.........quicker in application.........

But as you girls know I use the complete Fabric system, all 3 types of resin!!!!!

So with this system it does not happen.......

The bond is a very thin resin and penetrates the fibreglass much better then normal viscosity resin....................
After the bond I use the build and this fills the spaces in the weave and hides it even more.....cuts out the reflection...........
Then finishing it off with the boost, this build my apex and gives the finish of a L&P look............

So tips for non Fabric# system would be...........

Make sure you MTW is completley dry.....and is not coated on to thick......
Place the fibreglass on the nail, press it in place with the backing of your fibreglass strip ..........you know the paper bit or a clean piece of plastic like a freezer bag cut into strips.................
Press !!!!! Do not rub !!!!!
Use a good brush on resin, paint the resin on like an enamel on the first coating.....Do all ten fingers.......No activator !!!!
Go right back to the first nail and start your second coating...........
On the second coating, stipple it into the weave, so it is worked into the mesh.............
I let it air dry, this gives the mesh a chance to completly absorb the resin .......This might take a little longer but is is worth the wait.......
Then apply 3rd coating of resin and lightly mist with activator............
This sets the MTW deep under the resin , less chance of accidental buffing bald spots.................
Tidy edges, shape the nail and buff lightly to a nice smooth even finish and apply Solar oil............And thats it !!!!! Either buff the nail to a glass shine or finish service with a fab French enamel and top coat...........
HTH

Fantastic Nails.
I am also a nail spotter ;) Just cant help checking everyones out.
Ive become nail obssesive :D

Thanks for that Ruth, i knew you would have the answer. Gives me something to practise now. I am doing my first set of Fibreglass on the general public as it were on tuesday Morning so i will let you know how they go.

Have to say i am also a nail anorak, i look at everyone's nails now and try and work out what they've got if they have enhancements on, or if not what they should have!!

It does become a bit of an obsession so i'm glad i'm not the only one.:lol:

I'm a nail spotter too :rolleyes: ...sitting on the train is a good one...sit on an aisle seat and you can see hands on the arm rests all down the opposite side of the carriage :eek: LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back