What are your products worth?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill Bailey

Reaction score
Can anyone give me an idea as to how much a Creative manicure costs product-wise i.e. a proper breakdown of the actual cost. Also can you do the same for a standard pedicure and again for a full set of acrylic nails?

I'm trying to negotiate a fee for working self-employed as a nail tech. The owner wants 50/50 which I think is too much to pay, currently I'm paying 35% which I think is more realistic as I provide all the products myself.

Can anyone give me an idea as to how much a Creative manicure costs product-wise i.e. a proper breakdown of the actual cost. Also can you do the same for a standard pedicure and again for a full set of acrylic nails?

I'm trying to negotiate a fee for working self-employed as a nail tech. The owner wants 50/50 which I think is too much to pay, currently I'm paying 35% which I think is more realistic as I provide all the products myself.

i think that 35% is plenty if you provide all products, certainly no more than 40%

we tend not to talk trade prices on the boards as they can be accessed by members of the public.

ok I can appreciate where you're coming from. Would it be possible to send me a private message anybody who can help?

I've never actually tried to work it out per treatment, as I've just checked out the average price for the area I work in and taken it from there - if you know what I mean!?

Maybe Creative have official figures for this sort of thing?

Thank you, that's a good idea, I'll check it out.

I've never tried to work it out per treatment, but when i did my Creative Spa course, the tutor did give us a range of prices for both Spa Manicure and Spa Pedicure.

Hi Gill

I've never understood the 'not supposed to talk money ' in the forums thing - this is a professional nail site with a biz section - seems weird not to talk money to me!!!!!!!!!
Anyway just discussing product costs does not give anyone including members of the public any idea how much money we are making because no one knows our other costs (rent, rates, staff, travel, lighting, training .......etc) so its fairly useless information from that perspective.
Manufacturers/distributors on the other hand..................well they probably dont want us talking money........but as far as I am aware there is no official geek rule stopping it - its more of an urban myth round here i think?

my calculations are rough but here is my estimation - in my view you wont find much difference between Creative prices and others;
Full set of Acrylic sculpts ~L+P french - £x.xx
Manicure/pedicure - from £x.xx

You are basically looking at xx% of treatment costs being 'actual' product costs.

hth x

I've never understood the 'not supposed to talk money ' in the forums thing - this is a professional nail site with a biz section - seems weird not to talk money to me!!!!!!!!!
Anyway just discussing product costs does not give anyone including members of the public any idea how much money we are making because no one knows our other costs (rent, rates, staff, travel, lighting, training .......etc) so its fairly useless information from that perspective.
Manufacturers/distributors on the other hand..................well they probably dont want us talking money........but as far as I am aware there is no official geek rule stopping it - its more of an urban myth round here i think?
We don't discuss prices on the site because it really isn't professional... you wouldn't sit down and discuss the cost of your products with your clients and being as this site is open for everyone to view (ie not private) including any prospective (or existing) clients we decided it would be better to send a private message to whoever it is who's wanting to know product costs per treatment... the best option would be to contact the relevant supplier, they will know how much it costs.

There have been a couple of threads about this in the past, but not recently.

hth's

edit: found this link... click here

We don't discuss prices on the site because it really isn't professional... you wouldn't sit down and discuss the cost of your products with your clients and being as this site is open for everyone to view (ie not private) including any prospective (or existing) clients we decided it would be better to send a private message to whoever it is who's wanting to know product costs per treatment... the best option would be to contact the relevant supplier, they will know how much it costs.

There have been a couple of threads about this in the past, but not recently.

hth's

edit: found this link... click here

I think anyone reading a Business forum understands that 'product costs' are not the only influences on retail prices and it really does not give anyone any indication of how much money you're making. How can it be 'unprofessional' for business people to talk business on a business forum????????

I think anyone reading a Business forum understands that 'product costs' are not the only influences on retail prices and it really does not give anyone any indication of how much money you're making. How can it be 'unprofessional' for business people to talk business on a business forum????????

Thats just the point, its not a business forum, and most clients do not appreciate how much it has cost us and continues to cost us to be as highly skilled as we are, which is of course what our price lists are all about. Clients pay for our skill and time, not the products but put into black and white, well not many will see it that way. and many of our clients do follow this forum, with great interest.

Latest posts

Back