What can I use to perfect smile lines on a Shellac French?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I know I've read it on here somewhere but can't seem to find it:mad:

When doing french shellac and you want to slightly correct the smile line with a brush I read that it best to wipe on a pad with something on it and I thought it was either Scrubfresh or De sperse ???

can anyone confirm for me please

Thanks
H x

Last edited:
You can use a dry gel brush. Sometimes, I have luck with the dry end of an orangewood stick. HTH! :)

Yes I use an old acrylic brush wiped on a cotton pad soaked with D-sperse, seems to work fine.
x

I use a dry gel brush. A flat square one. I wipe well with alcohol to remove any remaining shellac on the bristles.

I did find that I had to start doing my french differently using shellac, to give myself less trouble.
Instead of the 3 strokes down; I had to sweep from left to right and right to left, meeting in the middle. Then pulling it down a bit. Makes for cleaner smile lines. (for me anyway)

I dont use same product as you I use lechat but i find using a dry clean brush sprayed / dipped slightly in my gel cleanser and dab on couch roll works well...

Not sure if this will work with shellac but it is what I have tried with polish. I have bought a bottle of bourjois white french with fan pinceau shaped brush! I cleaned the brush of polish (the polish is awful IMO) and used that, cleaned well after use and stored in a dropper! The shape of the bush is slanted so helps with smile line application.
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/112495-shellac-french-manicure-how-do-you-do-yours.html
Go down to wee fee's post
The reason it is recommended to apply Negligee first and then the Cream Puff is in case you wish to detail your smile line. It is absolutely fine to do so (using a detailer brush/gel brush/well drained Nail Fresh brush)...
If you did the Cream Puff first, after the Shellac UV Base Coat, and detailed your smile line using a brush dampened with solvent (ScrubFresh/NailFresh), the solvent would effect the cured base coat possibly leading to problems with adhesion and removal. (Sandi, you used a dry brush so should be fine!

hth

I would use the wonder product Nail Fresh .. which I always use to perfect detail of polish or Shellac.. I find Nail Fresh does the cleanest job of all and never smears. Use any favourite old brush.

Thanks guys, as always as great help
H xx

Go down to wee fee's post
The reason it is recommended to apply Negligee first and then the Cream Puff is in case you wish to detail your smile line. It is absolutely fine to do so (using a detailer brush/gel brush/well drained Nail Fresh brush)...
If you did the Cream Puff first, after the Shellac UV Base Coat, and detailed your smile line using a brush dampened with solvent (ScrubFresh/NailFresh), the solvent would effect the cured base coat possibly leading to problems with adhesion and removal. (Sandi, you used a dry brush so should be fine!

hth[/QUOTE]

If you used a solvent after the cured pink coat why would this not effect the cured pink coat? Is it only a problem on the cured base coat? I know its best not to use any solvent if possible. I have been tidying my smile lines by wiping the sticky base coat (cured) with alcohol first to give a smooth surface, then applying the white and tidying if required. I use alcohol on a brush for this. Haven't had a problem so far but maybe I should change my routine and do the pink first then the white? :confused:

Latest posts

Back