What causes my nail brushes to leave yellow on my wipe pad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franjess

Reaction score
Hi, I got some creative nail brushes from someone who is no longer doing nails, the problem is they leave yellow on my wipe pads I've tried cleaning with monamer and then brush cleaner several times and it still does it. Can someone tell me what causes this and what can I do about it. Hope I don't have to toss them.
Also I saw at the Art supply store, there was some stuff to condition and reshape art brushes any one use something like that before? I know that Zoo has his our stuff to reshape his brushes right? I think I watched one of his vedio that showed how to shape a flat brush. :)

Seems like they have already been contaminated hun. You could try giving them a shampoo and condition, and then re-shape as this is what Nailzoo does, I am almost positive that he does that at the end of each week.

Thanks, nice to hear from you again. Do I just use any shampoo or should it be a clarifying shampoo?

Last edited:
For CND brushes, the wiping out yellow indicates contamination, you should consider throwing them out as a contaminated brush can lead to service breakdown.

Proper CND brush care is to store it flat and covered, never touch the hair with your fingers, and the only products that should come into contact with your brush are your CND liquid of choice and the powders. You want to use a separate brush for each liquid (Retention, Radical, Moxie) that you use. CND recommends that you not use brush cleaner, solar oil, shampoo, dish soap, scrubfresh, etc. for your CND brushes!
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh, now I'm sad. :cry: But at least I didn't pay for them. Does it produce yellow because the bristle are braking down or what?

The yellow is from old monomer trapped in the ferrule. It is probably impossible to get it out, therefore the brushes should be tossed. It will turn your pink and white yellow. Not attractive. If you do a search of "brush contamination" on this site, you'll come up with a ton of stuff about it.

I just saw someone else has the same question about brushes on another thread. I read that it may be the adhesive braking down causing the yellow. Makes since to me. I guess there really is no saving them if thats the cause :cry:

The yellow is from old monomer trapped in the ferrule. It is probably impossible to get it out, therefore the brushes should be tossed. It will turn your pink and white yellow. Not attractive. If you do a search of "brush contamination" on this site, you'll come up with a ton of stuff about it.
Thanks Jessicles I was posting as you were posting this. That makes since to, old monomer trapped. By, by, brushes.

Latest posts

Back