what could be causing this?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annenails

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I have a bit of a problem. I had a customer in today who usually comes 3 weekly,for her infills, anyway when she came today she had the ususal 2 midle fingers missing,she admits that because of her typing (very hard ) she usually loses 1 maybe 2 of these nails. anyway she had said that the other 2 mising nails had lifted completely from the cuticle edge and come off in 1 piece :irked: . I have never had anything like this before, could it be pocket lifting.has anyone got any ideas i did the usual prep today and used retention + which I normally use but i did use this today with primer as well.. has anyone got any ideas on what this could be.?.
. I haven.t changed any of my products or procedures
thanks in advance
Anne.
pS:cry: the day gets better my son came out today with a good dose of chicken pox...

hi anne,hope your sons not too itchy..at least they are quiet when they're sick:hug:
could be pocket lifting, usually i find its the thumbs though. do you think she needs to come back every two instead? summertime i find most clients nails grow much more quickly..are they nice and short,too?
dont be too hard on yourself especially if she wont come back earlier than she needs to.
the key to solving the problem could be this client taking note of when the lifting first appears and making a rebalance appointment well in advance before mega lift occurs?

thanks Mel
I have spoken to her about coming fortnightly,but she says there fine for the 2 weeks.She has them really short as well, she has admitted to being very heavy handed and never weaars gloves, although she does use hand cream regularly.. I have even sugested to her to cut back the hand cream,she even said that if she hadnt, broken her thumb nail on saturday right down the top part of her nail bed and actually ripped the nail of the skinundernaeth the acrylic without breakingthe acrylic (amazing ) she would have gone another week before coming for a fill.Im hoping that by adding some primer to the nail It might actually help, hears hoping
and its my sons 2nd dose of chickenpox can you believe he always gets sick on the holidays.. go figure. Just in time too cause hubby is foing to indonesia for 11 days for work...lucky lucky me.. lol

thanks Mel
I have spoken to her about coming fortnightly,but she says there fine for the 2 weeks.She has them really short as well, she has admitted to being very heavy handed and never weaars gloves, although she does use hand cream regularly.. I have even sugested to her to cut back the hand cream,she even said that if she hadnt, broken her thumb nail on saturday right down the top part of her nail bed and actually ripped the nail of the skinundernaeth the acrylic without breakingthe acrylic (amazing ) she would have gone another week before coming for a fill.Im hoping that by adding some primer to the nail It might actually help, hears hoping
and its my sons 2nd dose of chickenpox can you believe he always gets sick on the holidays.. go figure. Just in time too cause hubby is foing to indonesia for 11 days for work...lucky lucky me.. lol
If they are fine at 2 weeks but she's having problems at 3, then she should be having them done fortnightly.
She should also be using oil, hand cream is not the same thing.
If she want follow your advice, then it's down to her, not you.

I agree with beautynails as I have a client exactly the same I thought I had conqured most of my lifting but this one lady who goes 3 weeks always returns with 9 /10 on but - lots of lifting, BUT I have lots of other clients that go 3 weeks and bobs your uncle no problems, check she is looking after her enhancements oiling, wearing gloves etc remind her they are jewels not tools!!! Dont let it get you down just ask her to come every two weeks or even two and a half. x x I found out that my client is a cleaner in a private school and cleans every day from 9 - 2 and wears no gloves and she wonders why she has lifting duh!!!

thanks Mel
you could try primer but on all accounts it sounds like she just isnt taking proper care of her nails..you know the saying "treat them as jewels and not tools,lol? its so very true..no primer is going to give her enhancements that she can abuse. if you have already explained to her the above try scaring her (but its true) about onycholysis and bacterial infections she will create.
i didnt know you could get chicken pox twice:eek: poor little fella x

If they are fine at 2 weeks but she's having problems at 3, then she should be having them done fortnightly.
She should also be using oil, hand cream is not the same thing.
If she want follow your advice, then it's down to her, not you.
too true..too many clients are happy to stretch out their appointments,leaving us to fix up the mess..i like the sound of 2,3 and 4weekly prices to fix that!
icon_twisted.gif

on the handcream..hopefully it doesnt contain lanolin as that can create lifting too.
I agree with beautynails as I have a client exactly the same I thought I had conqured most of my lifting but this one lady who goes 3 weeks always returns with 9 /10 on but - lots of lifting, BUT I have lots of other clients that go 3 weeks and bobs your uncle no problems, check she is looking after her enhancements oiling, wearing gloves etc remind her they are jewels not tools!!! Dont let it get you down just ask her to come every two weeks or even two and a half. x x I found out that my client is a cleaner in a private school and cleans every day from 9 - 2 and wears no gloves and she wonders why she has lifting duh!!!
professional cleaning is a nightmare on nails, i agree, i have one exactly the same..and when she's on hols ..no lifting!

Latest posts

Back