What did you do whilst training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xoxHannaHxox

Reaction score
I'm starting level 3 Beauty Therapy in September and I'm struggling a bit to be honest. I can't seem to find any work or voluntary work as i'm only level 2 qualified. I work part time in Savers Kidderminster but I want to keep learning new things about level 2 treatments and keep practising (my family are always too busy to want anything done)

Should I be in a salon by now? Did anyone go mobile whilst studying level 3? Or did you stay in your regular job until you were qualified in everything and then start looking for salon work?

I'm worried :( I don't want to forget things and lose confidence in myself.

I'm starting level 3 Beauty Therapy in September and I'm struggling a bit to be honest. I can't seem to find any work or voluntary work as i'm only level 2 qualified. I work part time in Savers Kidderminster but I want to keep learning new things about level 2 treatments and keep practising (my family are always too busy to want anything done)

Should I be in a salon by now? Did anyone go mobile whilst studying level 3? Or did you stay in your regular job until you were qualified in everything and then start looking for salon work?

I'm worried :( I don't want to forget things and lose confidence in myself.

Firstly, believe in yourself and your skills. You have gone far already and it's always great when people don't stop their education..Secondly, why not start mobile part-time and the rest of the time practice on friends and family? That way you will start buliding a clientele base along with improving your skills by continuing on level 3. When I had rejection after rejection in the past (another job), I decided not to wait but took control of my life and went self-employed. I now have a nice little lingerie and accessories business and I do makeup and beauty too! I will never ever work for someone every again! Life is good:lol:

There are lots of salons that will take you on knowing you are level 2 qualified and doing your level 3. Keep trying and don't give up hope. Ring or go round every salon in your area armed with your CV plus cover note. Ask to speak to the manager or owner. Don't just pass the CV to any old therapist. You need to speak to the owner or manager.

Failing that have a look on Gumtree and place an advert. Also you can do mobile as most of level three treatments you wouldn't be doing mobile anyway.

Good luck and stay positive. You can and will do it. Just be persistent.:hug:

Level 2 covers all the basics doesnt it? So why not just go mobile? I imagine youve got most of the equipment needed so all youd need to buy is insurance, a treatment bed and a manicure table etc. you can always set your prices lower while you are gaining experience to encourage morpeople to try you out therefore giving you more practise in a quicker space of time. If you are dead set on working in a salon then im sure if you keep asking wround you will find a salon thats interested in you working for free... Theyd be stupid to say no to a free cleaner. X

Latest posts

Back