What do you all do for your pets in winter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tonicj

Oh God, I think this will confirm my madness to you all.

I have two dogs and a cat. When it gets really cold, during the day, if I am home I will put their gorgeous fleecy blankets into the tumble dryer to heat them up and then wrap them up all nice and cosy. I know, I know it's mad, but it's just what I do. Then at night, wait for it, yes, it's hot water bottles;). Oh dear, please tell me I am not alone! I have quilts for them too:zzz:

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to post pics of them all snuggled up!

I've got a little jack russell and am dreading the walks when winter sets in, need to get myself a nice warm coat and maybe one for him too lol! (Although jack russell fur is meant to be quite hardy in all weathers so prob just for me)

I give my little chi a hot water bottle by his bed lol.
He still chooses to climb into my dressing gown for a snuggle though :)
I also buy hand knitted jumpers off ebay, only plain coloured ones as he shivers when cold

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1383430313496.jpg
    1383430313496.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 231
  • 1383430395815.jpg
    1383430395815.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 241
Ted the dog has a coat for when it's cold or wet out on his walks. Beyond that, they all sleep in with us at night. We know it's a really cold night when the cats sit on the dog to keep warm, and he allows them to play at being blankets.

I put Clyde's blankets on the radiator before bed

u2avy4y5.jpg

My english springer spaniel puppy all cosy on the sofa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My two bunnies have a heated blanket in there hutch which they love sleeping on, or when they are in the house they love sleeping under a boiling hot radiator or the heated floor in the kitchen.

"We put the treat in your treatment"

I have 2 cats and a dog. They have lovely warm beds and blankets, but one of my cats likes to snuggle at the bottom of the bed.

Special Xmas presents for them all too:biggrin:

My horse gets to come inside at night ^.^
Lots of nice feed & a big thick bed, lots of cosy rugs too! She's getting quite old now so I like it that she's inside at night but goes out in the day so stops her getting creaky :) she loves a gallop about in the morning!

P.s by 'coming inside' I mean her stable not in my house! haha

Last edited:
My Pomeranian has a selection of coats for winter and also little boots for his paws. If his paws get cold and wet then comes into a warm house he ends up chewing them all night :( poor Oscar. He also has hot water bottles and sleeps with us. Xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383485416.331852.jpg

My Pomeranian has a selection of coats for winter and also little boots for his paws. If his paws get cold and wet then comes into a warm house he ends up chewing them all night :( poor Oscar. He also has hot water bottles and sleeps with us. Xx View attachment 47014

Awwww

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Let his hair get a little longer. In the summer he has a shave lol!

He snuggles up with us on the sofa in the evenings or gets under the cushion in his bed lol!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383492582.463007.jpg

Awwww all the pics of your pets look gorgeous!!

I have a 1 yr old Springer Spaniel. I absolutely adore her.
I bought her from a local Game Keeper from working stock. Met her mum dad and grandparents all kept in outdoor kennels.
She is the only one that has not been used as a working dog with a very outdoor hardy life. I feel rather embarrassed as I still see the couple I bought her from
She has regular baths and I use beautiful products so she smells lovely.
I give her all over massages and "Pawdicures" she just loves it. She adorns a bright sparkly collar.
She was soon relegated from her cage in the kitchen to the bottom of my bed till now getting under the duvet( sorry some of you may think that is awful).

God knows what will happen if I ever meet a new man!!! Love me love my dog!
Feel a bit guilty as as think perhaps she should be chasing pheasants.

Hey ho she seems very content!

I think you are totally normal fuzzyduck :) we have tried letting Henry sleep on the bed but he is used to his crate so just wouldn't settle - much to my disappointment :( lol!

When he comes back from having a haircut he smells like talcum powder... I must buy some next time to freshen him up inbetween lol x

Elsie has had her last visit to the groomers for this year; I'll let her coat grow a bit now.
She snuggles up to me on the sofa and I wrap her in a throw.
I have seen some dog caves which I quite fancy getting her, to replace her normal bed for the winter.

I have a husky and a malamute ....
They go out as much as they can in the winter lol

Last year we lived in Germany and had a balcony husky (Okami) can open doors and spent almost all his time out there , letting him self out in middle of the night so we all froze in our beds lol

This year we are living in America and have a garden again , and a door he can not open lol (yet) . I here there can be alot of snow here so if this thread is still going ill update a photo then , for now this is last year .

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383496616.452148.jpg

Lily our bulldog has jumpers, here she is in her pink hoody, having short hair & being low to the ground she really feels the cold & then she just has lots of snuggly blankets in their beds ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383501168.750686.jpg

I'll have to try and get some jumpers to fit the puppy as well ;)

Gary my bullmastiff has lots of fleecy blankets and 1 on his newly made cheislounge and a nice warm walking jacket and he snuggles up on the sofa with us now and again. apart from that nothing else.He's not allowed to sleep in our bed because he way to big lol only if he's not well he can sleep up there.XX

Oh God, I think this will confirm my madness to you all.

I have two dogs and a cat. When it gets really cold, during the day, if I am home I will put their gorgeous fleecy blankets into the tumble dryer to heat them up and then wrap them up all nice and cosy. I know, I know it's mad, but it's just what I do. Then at night, wait for it, yes, it's hot water bottles;). Oh dear, please tell me I am not alone! I have quilts for them too:zzz:

You really are bonkers aren't't you ? :biggrin: my cat loves the snow, out in it whenever she can, so I don't think she needs pampering !

Latest posts

Back