What do you call this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancynails

Reaction score
*No cuticle remover, use no pusher/currette..
*Use no skrubfresh or anything like that...
*Use a e.file to remove shine...
I don´t understand how this nails last sooo long!! No lift (after 4 weeks!) And the gel is so hard! I´t took me 2 hours to remove this:eek: Had pain in my hand :lol: the rest of the day...
And my client told that this was gel!
I´m confused:!:
Anyone knows what kind of gel this could bee???

How do i know/find out is MMA?
The smell?
By looking at it? (Nooo...)

Somebody knows this?
:hug:

How do i know/find out is MMA?
The smell?
By looking at it? (Nooo...)

Somebody knows this?
Warning signs of MMA use:
  • MMA has an unusually strong or strange odour, which doesn't smell like other acrylic liquids. Odour is present during application and when filing cured product (for fill-ins or repairs).
  • Enhancements are extremely hard and very difficult to file even with coarse abrasives.
  • Enhancements will not soak off in solvents designed to remove acrylics.
  • Enhancements are cloudy or milky colour when cured

It has been known for a client to walk into an NSS salon and ask for gels and be told thats what they are having when in fact it is acrylic.

I had a client a while ago now but it took me 2 hours to file ( by hand ) them down so they looked thin and nice as they looked about a quarter of an inch thick when see came in , she had them done abroad and swore blind they were l&p, they had all the tell tale signs of been mma but wasnt cloudy they were crystal clear, my question is was this mma or something else ive not heard of ?

Ok, but my client told me that it looked like my gel (brisa) but not so thick gel. And it cured in a uv-lamp the girl ho put it on was allergic to this so she worn mask and gloves that was over her clothes becauses she´s had allergi on her arms (?) when she did her nails. And it wasn´t so chep.
I´ve never heard off any NSS salon here, only bad nailtechs:rolleyes:
I´s it forbidden in UK?

Do u know in witch country she did them?
This was also crystal clear....

one of the caribeen islands, she works on a cruise ship and was home on leave when she came to me

I think it was gel she had on because we (I have a Skandinavian nail brand) have a special gel in our assortment primary used for long gel nails with no tip under. It cures crystal clear, is very very hard to file off so perhaps it was that?
It is not very common because it is a rather expensive gel and it takes som practice to control it especially when you do refills.
So I dont think you should be worried for what it is :lick:

Using a drill on the natural nails is why they last so long. It works .. but the nails get chewed up in the process ... I don't like to work like that. My clients do not come to the salon and say, "I don't mind if you ruin my nails." They come in hopes that they can wear nail enhancements without me trashing their nails. That is my promise to all clients and one I deliver on.

Here are my natural nails after 25 years of wearing nail enhancements.
Do they look weak?
Do they look trashed?
Does the surface look rough or have rings of fire??
Do they look flat and thin?

Answer to all is no ... because I do not trash them.

In this picture I am wearing CND 'Wildfire' Shellac UV3 colour coat system. Colour has been on 18 days!!!

geeg-albums-nail+artisan-picture28452-gigis-natural-nails-done-shellac-wildfire-18-days-ago.jpg

These are lovely..Gigi!
Dont you just love.....shellac!!! xx

Here they are today .. coloured with Shellac 2 days ago.

geeg-albums-nail+artisan-picture28491-off-old-wildfire-new-tutti-frutti-shellac-2-days-old-amongst-bougainvillea.jpg

And the answer is ... Yes I do!!

That colour is so gorgeous Gigi - is it Tutti Frutti? I have been trying to get it but it has been out of stock for a while :0)

Lovely Gigi...! Im wearing Fedora atm....and I love it!!
I cant wait to see what the new colours will be...!!!! x

I had my nails done the other day. I asked the lady for gel nails and had white tips attatched. When she started doing them she used a powder and liquid! I explained again I wanted gel and she told me this was. I asked where her uv lamp was and she told me she didn't have room for one. I told her I thought that you needed one for gel nails and she said it that you didn't.

She also used a drill, wore a mask, they are rock hard and she charged me the gel price which was more than the acrylics. Are these gel? I am not a nail expert but I thought you had to use gel for gel nails!

If these are not, who should I report her to?

It has been known for a client to walk into an NSS salon and ask for gels and be told thats what they are having when in fact it is acrylic.

Yes, my first ever set was like this. I had asked for gel -they then filed my already thin nails with an e-file, mixed liquid & powder from an unmarked bottle and as I repeated " I had asked for gel", I was told it was...
My own nails really hurt for a day or so and after a week they had lifted half way off the nail bed.
That was my first ever experience with nails.
Glad to say I now know a lot more after training with Bio Sculpture and have never looked back.

Latest posts

Back