What do you call your business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimMarie

Reaction score
I am looking to get some business cards for when I go mobile with my nails but stuck for a name, do most of your lovely lot have a seperated name or do you have 'nails by' in front of your name or your name and ' 's nails' after :/

Any feedback would be great :)

XoX

Drop Dead Nails

I
I started off as Elaine's Nails but changed when I found out that the Facebook name had been taken :) and DDN was available

I named mine 'Georgia's Beauty' after my late daughter. I did my training after she died and it seemed perfect, although I'm changing to Lucy @ Georgia's Beauty as everyone was calling me Georgia which was upsetting ++++

I call mine Hands On Beauty 😀

Mine is....... ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369724490.195270.jpg

Mine is TipToe Nails :) when I started I only did mani/pedi and L&P Enhancements so something to do with tips and toes.

I wanted Tips to Toes or similar but it seemed very popular so I changed it and tiptoe makes it sound delicate.

I also do beauty now but I'm not changing the name as I am predominantly a nail technician who does a few other treatments rather than a beauty therapist who does nails.

Xxx

intimately You BOUDOIR & BEAUTY

I'm finding I need to separate the two, as boudoir isn't for everyone and also need marketing material targeted at nail clients specifically.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369728512.674987.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369728512.674987.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 160
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369728523.224743.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369728523.224743.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 149
How much did it cost to register your business names? I've been self employed for a while, can't recall if its only yourself and you use a name if you have to register the name with companies house etc?? Sticking with my name for now- just wondering for future. Thanks x

You don't need to register with companies house unless you're limited and then you can use formations direct and do it all online very reasonably. I would check with your accountant before going limited, as it may not be the best solution for you. Hth x

You don't need to register with companies house unless you're limited and then you can use formations direct and do it all online very reasonably. I would check with your accountant before going limited, as it may not be the best solution for you. Hth x

Brilliant thanks :) great to know I can have a little name in the future xx

I'm Obsession Nails because, well I'm bloody obsessed with nails!! :D. Says it all really.

I'm Obsession Nails because, well I'm bloody obsessed with nails!! :D. Says it all really.

Hehee oh I love that!!

Thanks for all your reply guys, given me some food for thought, I'm rubbish at thinking for names, it took me months to think of my late pony's show jumping name!

I'll have a good think :)

XoX

Mine . . . Nail Him !:D

I work part time in a local salon on a commission basis and I also have a mobile business, so I chose a sole trader business name that could evolve with my business. I kept it simple with Betty's Beauty.

When I work mobile it is as 'Betty the Beauty Hobo'.

It is worth checking if the domain name is available for the name you choose so you can have it for your website, which i think is a great way to advertise.

Here are my Facebook and website pages

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bettys-Beauty/386012431505700

Home

Good Luck with finding a name you love xx

I called mine Pretty Paws although my mother did say it sounds like a poodle parlour... :irked:

I thought it was a little different and fun :)

I'm Lipstick Kisses because my mum would tease me about leaving lipstick marks on all my drinks =)

I'm just Bella.

It's named after my beautiful princess Isabella.

On my Facebook its Bella Hair & Beauty as I can't just have one name xx

Latest posts

Back