What do you do whilst Shrinking Violet clients are lying on bed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjmadmum

Reaction score
Hope the title makes sense? I am booked in for my training for next week, and am wondering what everyone does whilst client is wrapped up? I am looking at offering the Faith Lift facial (at a cost), is this a good idea? I only do nails, spray tans, waxing, and facials so presume this would be my only option. Although I could offer, hand, head, foot massage as a complimentary service ( or charge extra?). Or do some of you just leave them lying there relaxing? Not researched a lot about Faith lift yet, but will be calling them in the morning to discuss further. But was just wondering what you guys offer, any advice would be really appreciated.

Sarah x

When I went for my Shrinking Violet wrap I got a lovely free face, head and shoulder massage and then was left to chill for about 15/20 minutes while the therapist popped out to return calls etc...
I don't think I would want to be left laying there with nothing happening for a full hour, I felt the 15/20 minutes alone was plenty. There was relaxing music playing the whole time too.

I offer a free caci facial worth £40 - basically, I have the machine and it doesn't cost me to use it, so do an hours treatment whilst they are relaxing on the bed. This way I'm introducing my client to a potentially new treatment and they know they are getting £95 worth of treatment for £55.

Thank you for your input girls, really appreciate it, both sound a great idea. Will have to put my thinking cap on ;-) xx

For us it depends on the client, we offer the wraps for £40 so every extra treatment is at a cost to the client! When the client books the appointment, we ask if there's anything else they'd like done in the spare time, if not, then we leave the room and do another client while there on the bed in a private room! You have to keep an eye on the time tho and make sure you take the wrap off when it needs to come off, no body wants to be over heated :)! We also have just done the training for skin base microdermabrasion so were thinking of offering that as an extra treatment!

For us it depends on the client, we offer the wraps for £40 so every extra treatment is at a cost to the client! When the client books the appointment, we ask if there's anything else they'd like done in the spare time, if not, then we leave the room and do another client while there on the bed in a private room! You have to keep an eye on the time tho and make sure you take the wrap off when it needs to come off, no body wants to be over heated :)! We also have just done the training for skin base microdermabrasion so were thinking of offering that as an extra treatment!

I just completed my training and we were told £45 is minimum cost and to never leave a client alone for safety reason and comfort. I needed my blanket turned down in training as I was feeling overly hot - if my therapist had left me in the room alone how would I of called for that to be adjusted? What if I started to have an asthma attach, or felt the wrap was too tight and was suffering pins and needles - all stuff covered in the course.

The minimum is £40, and we were also told not to leave the client alone x

In our training we were told under no circumstances leave the client whilst on the bed?

I was not told this at my training? However I offer a free 30 minute facial and then leave them to relax . I give them a bell ( portable door bell) and they press this if they need anything . Though so far no one has they all basically fall asleep after the facial xx

There are so many things you could offer and yesi would do them slightly cheaper than normal. You could do head massage, hand and foot massage, facial, eye treatments or put packages together to pick 2 treatments out of a list for x amount?

When I had my first shrinking violet body wrap It was in a beauty room in a hair dressers, so was very very loud! The therapist left me on the bed for just over an hour and with all the noise I could not relax at all so I just layed there staring at the clock!! I was also very very hot but was left on the bed all wrapped up and unable to get the therapist! I didn't enjoy it at all and I have not been back and wouldn't go back there, not for £65!! So I'd recommend doing a treatment in between or at least being near by for their comfort.

Does anyone do Shellac or gel nails whilst the client is wrapped? Just trying to weigh up the logistics of it! X

I just completed my training and we were told £45 is minimum cost and to never leave a client alone for safety reason and comfort. I needed my blanket turned down in training as I was feeling overly hot - if my therapist had left me in the room alone how would I of called for that to be adjusted? What if I started to have an asthma attach, or felt the wrap was too tight and was suffering pins and needles - all stuff covered in the course.
This is strange coz we were trained by joy not so long ago and she recommended to do other clients! Anything to boost salon profits! Obviously if the client is nervous, for what ever reason we ask if it's ok! Any client suffering from asthma will have there inhaler at hand, an anyone that suffers from severe asthma we tend not to do the treatment as the wrap is quite restricting! We do ask the client first if it's ok for us to leave if there not wanting anything else done! Joy told us £40 was the minimum charge, but to be fair no1 can dictate how much you charge!

They have a standard minimum cost that is expected to be charged just like HD brows have a minimum charge also and it is £40 for Shrinking Violet.

What if they collapse and can't reach the inhaler?

Would you leave a client lying on a beauty bed any other time?

I don't think that is good practice at all.

There have been many different SV tutors over the past year, all doing things in a slightly different way. That is being standardised now to bring all training into line and hopefully eliminate any confusion.

The minimum rrp per SV treatment is £40 and has been for some while, although obviously higher prices, and upselling other treatments whilst on the couch are always encouraged.

If your client does not wish for any additional service, then an hour is a long time to sit quietly in a corner of the treatment room. Whilst nobody would ever suggest leaving someone alone for an hour, it is perfectly acceptable to leave a client to relax, checking on them regularly and leaving them within earshot.

There are indeed other times where you would leave a client alone during treatments.

I'm sorry that you find my methods to be not good practice, and thank you for your concern, however as I wrote the original SV training manual, put it through accreditation via my own training company, and was for many months the only person able to issue the actual SV certificate, I'm fairly confident in what I teach. Your opinion however has been noted.

Joy

I had a facial during my SV treatment and was then left for the remaining half hour. Bliss! I drifted off to sleep. I couldn't of done that if there was someone hovering around. I agree that it's a case by case decision though. :)

Well said joy! Don't get me wrong I'd never leave a client if they didn't want to be left, but in some cases a client would not want you hanging around anyway! I know I wouldn't! Our treatments rooms are quite close to the nail bars, so we do keep a check on the client! Most of the time people fall asleep! I find it a very relaxing treatment! And have had great feedback and results!

This is strange coz we were trained by joy not so long ago and she recommended to do other clients! Anything to boost salon profits! Obviously if the client is nervous, for what ever reason we ask if it's ok!

What if your clients says their not happy to be left alone and you have another client booked in?
Aren't you opening yourself up to tricky situations where at least one client is going to walk away unhappy?
To the OP, I'm not trained yet but I certainly wouldn't leave a client for a whole hour on their own, but would be happy to for a very short period of time, especially if they are relaxed enough and seem like they might nod off!

I also leave the client on the bed as you would be able to here the client call out & plus we check on them to make sure every thing is ok. I normally book shellac nails in or similar treatments. hope this helps. xx

I don't do SV, but Universal Contour Wrap and always leave clients for a full hour. They all really look forward to it because it is so tranquil and they all nod off to sleep. I have it outlined on my website what to expect so they don't have to book if they don't like it, but I also have a list of possible add ons people can book for a £5 discount.

I always give clients the option of me checking on them half way through and new ones usually say yes but if they've been before they usually say no because they just want to go to sleep. Sometimes I've popped in half way to find clients fast asleep so I leave them to it then.

I don't have a heated blanket so that possibly would add a little concern and I think I would always check on them. If you're with another client, I'm sure they won't mind you saying, excuse me one minute whilst I check on my other client- hairdressers do it enough!

xx

Latest posts

Back