What do you guys think of this nail desk/table?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenellis_

Reaction score
Hi girls (and guys)!

This is my first post - I've only recently joined! :eek:
What do you all think of this table I found on Ikea?
VIKA GLASHOLM/VIKA ADILS Table - glass black/black - 99x52 cm - IKEA

If the link doesn't work, it's called a VIKA GLASHOLM/VIKA ADILS
Table, glass black, black.

I like the idea of a glass top so when I spill some acetone or something it won't damage it! I am currently working at home as I have only really started in the nail world.

Let me know what you all think, or if you have any better suggestions :lol:

Oh, and also, what do you all use for storage? Like drawers underneath?

Anyways, let me know! I'd love to hear from you all!

That's the desk I have and I love it

I have some ikea little draws under and I'm getting the ther end part to out bits in to.

I have the non glass one! It works a treat!

I like it. Actually I'm tempted to get one!! My current desk cost me £600. It's got built in dust extraction and is a lovely dark wood veneer. It's CRAP!!! You dont always get what you pay for! The grill covering the dust extraction vent doesnt fasten down so it moves around, the wood veneer stains when it comes into contact with acetone (I'm a careful worker but over the years you cant help the odd drop), the drawers in it are tiny and only open out half way so you're scrambling round trying to get whats in the back of them, and the dust extractor sucks, because it doesnt suck!!

My advice to you: buy the ikea desk. A glass top is perfect for nail work and you can always keep it looking like new. Buy a hairdressers drawer unit for keeping your stuff in, and buy separate extraction. It'll still be cheaper than a purpose built nail desk and it will be much more practical. I'm currently trying to find some extraction that someone posted on here recently, basically the unit sits under your desk then a tube comes from it and sits next to your working area so it sucks all the dust and fumes. If I find it I'll share the link.

Go to Ikea, buy the desk!! I got my waxing trolly from Ikea, its great quality and looks professional :)

I have this table too (not glass top, just the regular) Its awesome!

There's a whole thread on here about this table...have a little search for "ikea table" and you'll see that a lot of us have them!

Welcome to the site btw! x

I like it. Actually I'm tempted to get one!! My current desk cost me £600. It's got built in dust extraction and is a lovely dark wood veneer. It's CRAP!!! You dont always get what you pay for! The grill covering the dust extraction vent doesnt fasten down so it moves around, the wood veneer stains when it comes into contact with acetone (I'm a careful worker but over the years you cant help the odd drop), the drawers in it are tiny and only open out half way so you're scrambling round trying to get whats in the back of them, and the dust extractor sucks, because it doesnt suck!!

My advice to you: buy the ikea desk. A glass top is perfect for nail work and you can always keep it looking like new. Buy a hairdressers drawer unit for keeping your stuff in, and buy separate extraction. It'll still be cheaper than a purpose built nail desk and it will be much more practical. I'm currently trying to find some extraction that someone posted on here recently, basically the unit sits under your desk then a tube comes from it and sits next to your working area so it sucks all the dust and fumes. If I find it I'll share the link.

Go to Ikea, buy the desk!! I got my waxing trolly from Ikea, its great quality and looks professional :)

I was looking at getting a professional salon one, but for the price, it's ridiculous! For the amount ill be using it too, being a new starter and all. I think I'll be taking a trip to ikea next week! I just wish they did this in a corner type desk. Would be so much better for my room. Ah well, ill just have to make space! :lol:

Thanks so much for the advice!

I think I might get one too lol!! I have a proffessional one but it's useless n its a strange shape so I can fit any draws under it! X x

I've got the clear one with the greeny hue not the proper green one and I really like it. I looked at the black one in Ikea but it was really scratched. Mine is scratched a bit but you can't see them unless you look hard.

Dead easy to clean too.

LOL just noticed my iPad corrected greeny to greedy. :rolleyes:

I've got the black ikea glass one too.
My hubby said "it'll get fingerprints on it like no tomorrow!"
but i have a nice pink and purple stripy towel going along the centre so it looks lovely.

We have 2 of this desk in our salon for just doing shellac, we have proper expensive nail desks for the enhancement side. These black glass tables look amazing and everyone comments on them HOWEVER the were scratched to bits within the 1st week!

What we did was take the table top to a glass cutter and have a sheet of glass cut to size to place on top. Looks fine and protects the table. Was cheap to get the glass cut. Sometimes we put special offers/ photos etc and place them under the clear glass.

Hope that helps xxx

I've got the greenish glass top one as well. Love it with the drawer legs too :)
Vicki x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361040870.469689.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361040901.857754.jpg

Terrible pic but I love this table and easy to keep clean and plenty of room.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 509
Hi girls (and guys)!

This is my first post - I've only recently joined! :eek:
What do you all think of this table I found on Ikea?
VIKA GLASHOLM/VIKA ADILS Table - glass black/black - 99x52 cm - IKEA

If the link doesn't work, it's called a VIKA GLASHOLM/VIKA ADILS
Table, glass black, black.

I like the idea of a glass top so when I spill some acetone or something it won't damage it! I am currently working at home as I have only really started in the nail world.

Let me know what you all think, or if you have any better suggestions :lol:

Oh, and also, what do you all use for storage? Like drawers underneath?

Anyways, let me know! I'd love to hear from you all!

Thats one exact same as mine, I also bought the drawers to go under it - if you do you you will onlt need to but two legs.

Thats one exact same as mine, I also bought the drawers to go under it - if you do you you will onlt need to but two legs.

Do you know what the drawers are called? Are they from Ikea?

Could you post a pic up? I'm intrigued to see what it looks like!

No probs, here you go. Currently the glass top is resting on the storage leg but I have two more legs on order to give myself just a bit more space :) I love it because I can just turn it against the wall when not in use.

Attachments

• Nails1.jpg
    Nails1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,006
  • P1010221.jpg
    P1010221.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,052

Latest posts

Back