What do you other nail techs think, it's shocking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahgreetham

Reaction score
I had biosculpture on for about 2months the lady who did them didn't do a client consultation form or didn't even ask for my mums signature as I was 15 at the time. Seems like she's just in it for the money I was having to pay £40 a time for a set. Also her removal method was to soak them for 10minutes the get a knife underneath it a rip them all off. My nail now lifts off the nail bed. My nails now are crap and trying to get rid of it. This is why I then trained in gelish

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350331842.358530.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350331842.358530.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 776
I had biosculpture on for about 2months the lady who did them didn't do a client consultation form or didn't even ask for my mums signature as I was 15 at the time. Seems like she's just in it for the money I was having to pay £40 a time for a set. Also her removal method was to soak them for 10minutes the get a knife underneath it a rip them all off. My nail now lifts off the nail bed. My nails now are crap and trying to get rid of it. This is why I then trained in gelish

I think she has no experience as bio sculpture if applied and removed correctly would not cause your nails to look like this x

Hiya - do you keep them this length? keeping them short and dry will help.

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

Well she's the one who actually owns the hair and beauty salon that did my nails. I am now a nail tech and I keep them kind of short but with a little bit of length. This is why I moved to gelish it's amazing stuff x

It's sad that you clearly got an untrained tech and she caused this kind of damage to your nails.
You give the impression that because of how bad your nails are from having Bo Sculpture, this is why you went and trained with Gelish instead.
Please don't blame Bio Sculpture as a product/brand, Bio Sculpture did nothing wrong, the tech did all this damage.
The same thing or similar could also happen with Gelish if the tech applying it is untrained.
A situation like this would have made me determined to go train in Bio Sculpture not change systems all together but that's me:) and then I would go back to that tech and say "look what you did and now I know exactly what you did wrong" :)

Your nails should recover it will just take time, looking at the damage I would guess a good year before you see a full normal nail again.
Just keep them short, make sure they receive all the moisture/oil they need by using a good quality cuticle oil and just generally show them some TLC and all should come right.
Also make sure that you yourself as the trained Gelish tech, do the Gelish service exactly how you were trained to do it and this way, you yourself should not cause any further damage.

Good luck:)

This pic was from the other month but they have got a bit better now.

I fully qualified a couple of weeks ago x

D'you know that Solar oil actually fixes this, i had a client come to me who had this for yrs on one finger and when i gave her Solar oil she used it daily and it just grew out healthy, it didn't take long either.

Seems client forms are running a bit short where i am as well for mobile & home based tech's.

I've been to 2 nail tech's over the last 18 months (before i decided to set up on my own) & neither of them asked me for my details, health issues etc etc.

Shocking really, so i've made a point of carrying loads in both my nail trolley & in my spray tanning bag, with a few pens.

I've had my nails done at many salons before I trained and have never once had a consultation makes me wonder what would happen should I have a claim against them?

It's all about the technician and NOT about the product here.

Yes it is shocking :eek: But the blame lies with the tech alone.

And your own nails need to be shorter until they are better as this length isn't helping.

Congratulations on qualified in Gelish. x

My MIL has been having her nails done for over 10 years and has never filled out a consultation form or been asked about her health. I didn't even realise you had to fill one out until I did my training and reading SG. It's shocking.

ive never had a consultation form done foranything, whether it was nails or beauty!!

and just to reiterate the damage done here is the techs fault not the product. none of my clients have nails that look like yours and neither do mine x

Its a shame you have had this experience of bio sculpture as it doesnt cause this type of damage if done properly.. The photo below is of a regualar clients nails who has had bio sculpture for over two years and this is her nails two weeks after removal (by soaking off)..!! So yours should not be like they are.. Its the tech not the product!! And she really should have filled in a consulatation form!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350425225.036764.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350425225.036764.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 235
Oh my god that is horrible! (i love gelish as well :) )

Did she apply tips as ring and pinkie looks like onycholysis this can be with tips being to small and pulling nail plate away solar oil will work wonders x

Latest posts

Back