What do you think about the Jessica Geleration?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerryanne

Reaction score
Thinking about changing the brand I use and someone recommended Jessica to me but what do use think about it?

Or what would you recommend to me? :) please

Xxx

I'd recommend Shellac :lol: for all the reasons that so many thousands have given right here on this site for using it. Have a look.

id second shellac, fab product that still amazes me now....had a client come yesterday with her shellac still in tact after 4 weeks even and nails perfect underneath x

When I did my Shellac training, a girl was on it and had already trained in Jessica but she said Shellac was SO much better :) I love Shellac!

From my experience most salons that use GELeration are Jessica salons and want to stick with the one brand which makes perfect sense! Brand loyalty is very important in a business.

However I would say that Gelish and Shellac are the two leading products on the market. Personally I choose Shellac, clients ask for it by name. Also with new products like Brisa Lite coming you get so much more then just a colour now.

Geleration never gets enough love on here :(

It holds a warm fuzzy place in my heart. It is super easy to work with, led curable, they have great complimentary spa products, their light is designed with ease in mind & 100+ colours. So many really super features :)

The training I went on was just as good as the CND training I’ve done. You will always get a biased view on here as it is CND central. I like shellac too but it just isn’t as strong or durable. I can’t use it myself as I have weak nails & many of our clients would not be able to cope with it.

In terms of reps/customer support - to be honest I have little need to contact gerrard international. They do what they say they’ll do, deliver when they say they will, provide me with everything I need - so my assistance has been limited. My rep is super - but then a rep who isn’t wouldn’t last long as it’s a commission based job.

A shellac positive is it is hypo-allergenic. But of the 100s of nail clients we’ve had we’ve only had one allergy sufferer so it’s kinda a moot point.

Shellac doesn’t have enough colour range to offer as your only line in my opinion. 40+ colours simply isn’t enough - and everyone always responds with “the pigments, layering, additives”. But I can do all that with geleration as well. There are some gaping holes in the colour spectrum offered by shellac - and strangely there are very few unique colours in their line. Most other brands do colours which are brand unique & I can’t think of a single example within the shellac line.

Cnd’s brisa lite will bridge the product gap they currently have - but is something Jessica have already launched as you can do beautiful soak off enhancements with “build”.

In this day & age I expect an led cure. I find it extremely old fashioned that they’re the only brand that still haven’t moved to led cure - my staff can see more clients with an led curable product & that’s something I like muchly :lol:

So basically I can’t recommend geleration highly enough!

I would recommend gelish or progel moved on from shellac. My clients are getting much longer and almost perfect condition when comes to redo apart from slight regrowth. :D

Geleration never gets enough love on here :(

It holds a warm fuzzy place in my heart. It is super easy to work with, led curable, they have great complimentary spa products, their light is designed with ease in mind & 100+ colours. So many really super features :)

The training I went on was just as good as the CND training I’ve done. You will always get a biased view on here as it is CND central. I like shellac too but it just isn’t as strong or durable. I can’t use it myself as I have weak nails & many of our clients would not be able to cope with it.

In terms of reps/customer support - to be honest I have little need to contact gerrard international. They do what they say they’ll do, deliver when they say they will, provide me with everything I need - so my assistance has been limited. My rep is super - but then a rep who isn’t wouldn’t last long as it’s a commission based job.

A shellac positive is it is hypo-allergenic. But of the 100s of nail clients we’ve had we’ve only had one allergy sufferer so it’s kinda a moot point.

Shellac doesn’t have enough colour range to offer as your only line in my opinion. 40+ colours simply isn’t enough - and everyone always responds with “the pigments, layering, additives”. But I can do all that with geleration as well. There are some gaping holes in the colour spectrum offered by shellac - and strangely there are very few unique colours in their line. Most other brands do colours which are brand unique & I can’t think of a single example within the shellac line.

Cnd’s brisa lite will bridge the product gap they currently have - but is something Jessica have already launched as you can do beautiful soak off enhancements with “build”.

In this day & age I expect an led cure. I find it extremely old fashioned that they’re the only brand that still haven’t moved to led cure - my staff can see more clients with an led curable product & that’s something I like muchly :lol:

So basically I can’t recommend geleration highly enough!

i disagree that we are all biased on here as it is cnd central.......when i came to this site i was a bio sculpture girl and loved it...however since reading posts on here and seeing the product for myself and researching it i have found that shellac is far more than i first thought it was.

this site may be operated by cnd BUT we all us geeks on here have freedom of speech and the fact that more and more use cnd and specifically shellac speaks volumes x

i disagree that we are all biased on here as it is cnd central.......when i came to this site i was a bio sculpture girl and loved it...however since reading posts on here and seeing the product for myself and researching it i have found that shellac is far more than i first thought it was.

this site may be operated by cnd BUT we all us geeks on here have freedom of speech and the fact that more and more use cnd and specifically shellac speaks volumes x

Just so that you are aware ... This site SalonGeek.com is NOT operated or owned by CND. It was both conceived and founded by Samuel Sweet well over 10 years ago.

The CND presence on salon geek simply reflects the market share that CND have in general. More people use CND so more people talk about CND, but all are free to talk about whatever product they use here.

Sorry I phrased that in a clumsy way :)

I don't mean biased - I just mean CNDers are in the vast majority on salongeek & so usually the response is "shellac all the way".

Shellac was my first love but geleration is my new, younger, hotter lover :lol:

i am a jessice GELeration lover, i used it at my previous job and when i moved i had to use shallac but i have recently swapped back s i love the GELeration more. so many more colours to choose from with the clients the bottles themselves are twice the size of shellac and cheaper!
i use jessica on myself all the time and have never had any issues i think it looks more natural than the shallac as it is not as thick :)

i am a jessice GELeration lover, i used it at my previous job and when i moved i had to use Shellac but i have recently swapped back s i love the GELeration more. so many more colours to choose from with the clients the bottles themselves are twice the size of shellac and cheaper!
i use jessica on myself all the time and have never had any issues i think it looks more natural than the shallac as it is not as thick :)

??? Shellac thicker than a gel ?? That really just is not true.
Perhaps you were using way too much Shellac? Or Perhaps you never had Shellac Training with a CND Educator? Gels may work out cheaper ... But quality isn't cheap.

Jessica is a great Brand and has many a loyal salon and spa using it. I dont use it so cannot comment on it. I can however comment on Shellac as that is what I use day in and out. it is just my 2p worth. Im not paid by CND But I know what I like.

The colours for Shellac are coming, but it takes time to develop colours in a new technology and averaging on 2 launches of new colours and additives a year is pretty good.

one of my plus points for shellac is removal, it is quick and straight forward.

Shellac is asked for by name and lots claim to have shellac when they don't because of this.

Cnd only has a high majority on here because all the products are amazing. if they were rubbish it would die a death as we wouldn't use it and rave about it.

I've never had a problem with the time/uv curing thing. I'm mobile and carry one lamp. i cure one hand while i paint the other. the hand is cured and I'm still painting so no time lost there.

I love Shellac (I really do) but I also use Artistic Colour Gloss gels although considering switching to gelish!

Anywho, Shellac I do love, however I do find it sometimes isn't as durable on everyone's nails so that's why I also offer a gel polish, and I find the colours of Artistic or Gelish are a lot wider.

Anywho, with Brisa lite coming - I may just stick with CND alone!

I love Shellac (I really do) but I also use Artistic Colour Gloss gels although considering switching to gelish!

Anywho, Shellac I do love, however I do find it sometimes isn't as durable on everyone's nails so that's why I also offer a gel polish, and I find the colours of Artistic or Gelish are a lot wider.

Anywho, with Brisa lite coming - I may just stick with CND alone!

I use acg and gelish - they work perfectly together. You don t have to switch just add :)) xx

I use the Jessica System and in MY OPINION, shellac does sell itself, however simply is not as professional compared with Jessica Geleration. Jessica is an amazing product, which lasts and works! It concentrates on cell renewal of the skin, as well as 'fixing' nail conditions, improving the clients natural nail! Shellac lasts, but not as long as Geleration. I have a few clients who have come from using shellac to Geleration, who have complained about the condition of their nails from long use of shellac. Clients also have an option for a 'refresh' manicure after 2-3weeks wear, so the product doesn't need to be soaked off. The existing colour can be reapplied, or a new colour (if darker) can be applied ontop.... A refresh manicure is time saving, doesn't cause damage to the nail and cost efficient. Other positive are: You can treat and prescribe the natural nail condition before applying Geleration, the standard Jessica Custom Colours can be used underneath Geleration, Geleration colours matching with Custom Colours (perfect for paint only pedicures, which is still long lasting), and the nails can be sculptured. Once a client experiences The Jessica System, there's no turning back! Jessica truly is a treatment of the 'stars'! It does what it says - my clients and I love it! :o) If you want returning loyal customers SPREAD THE JESSICA LOVE! :o) good luck! X x

I use the Jessica System and in MY OPINION, shellac does sell itself, however simply is not as professional compared with Jessica Geleration. Jessica is an amazing product, which lasts and works! It concentrates on cell renewal of the skin, as well as 'fixing' nail conditions, improving the clients natural nail! Shellac lasts, but not as long as Geleration. I have a few clients who have come from using shellac to Geleration, who have complained about the condition of their nails from long use of shellac. Clients also have an option for a 'refresh' manicure after 2-3weeks wear, so the product doesn't need to be soaked off. The existing colour can be reapplied, or a new colour (if darker) can be applied ontop.... A refresh manicure is time saving, doesn't cause damage to the nail and cost efficient. Other positive are: You can treat and prescribe the natural nail condition before applying Geleration, the standard Jessica Custom Colours can be used underneath Geleration, Geleration colours matching with Custom Colours (perfect for paint only pedicures, which is still long lasting), and the nails can be sculptured. Once a client experiences The Jessica System, there's no turning back! Jessica truly is a treatment of the 'stars'! It does what it says - my clients and I love it! :o) If you want returning loyal customers SPREAD THE JESSICA LOVE! :o) good luck! X x

Well I only got introduced to any sort of gel polish maybe just over a year ago cause I was just going for the sculptured acrylic manicures, I mean I have seen a lot of high end salons and spas stock all things Jessica so clearly it's popular but I've actually used their gel polish myself but I always try everything out on myself before introducing anything to my clients but I've seen a lot of different brands lift more easily then others so that's something I am looking into. I want a brand that doesn't take loads of coats to get to the true colour.

I mean everyone should look at a brand for what they are however Star Theory does come into play i.e what's more well known. I want to find a brand that has a large range of stunning colours AND glitters also which can be hard to find as no1 wants to keep adding loads of coats to get that real rich sparkle effect.

I was going to go for OPI gelcolor however after my friend had a disaster with the gelcolor (cured in the bottle) I will not risk wasting my money but I do know the Axxium range is good and haven't ever heard of anything bad about it.

I think I may have to find somewhere that stocks Jessica and have a look at the consistency of the product and that might be a deciding factor, who knows lol.

Xx

You can only buy Jessica products direct from Gerrard International, which requires Jessica training and a minimum account opening of approx £500..... Reason being, Jessica like their products to be used properly and professionally, so like therapists stock all products needed for a basic treatment... Hence using their products solely - professionally. It's a massive investment, but well worth the effort. X

You can only buy Jessica products direct from Gerrard International, which requires Jessica training and a minimum account opening of approx £500..... Reason being, Jessica like their products to be used properly and professionally, so like therapists stock all products needed for a basic treatment... Hence using their products solely - professionally. It's a massive investment, but well worth the effort. X

£500 is about right for any good pro band. Some will be put off by that, but by the time you get all you need from Jessica, NSI, CND or whoever it I'll be around that mark.

Latest posts

Back