what do you think of automated spray booths?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma Bagnall

Reaction score
has anyone got an automated spray booth in there salon? do you get alot of people using it? or have any of you geeks used one? and what do you think? i have sunquest coming out to see me on wednesday to show me there range. i myself have used the magic tan booth and didnt like it, but did once use one that sprayed all round and then dried you off too... it was brill, just cant remember what make it was. so would greatly appreciate any suggestions to the better ones on the market.... we currently use a manual system, which is fine, but think an automated system is a good way of increasing turnover and room production. let me know what you all think....:)

I have had a few tans in booths and i can safely say they are the worst tans i have had. The products used through them are generally smelly and drying on the skin and a machine cant do what the human eye can. It cant contour, cater for different shapes and sizes etc.

A machine will never give the results a experienced therapist can.

I have had a few tans in booths and i can safely say they are the worst tans i have had. The products used through them are generally smelly and drying on the skin and a machine cant do what the human eye can. It cant contour, cater for different shapes and sizes etc.

A machine will never give the results a experienced therapist can.

good point, didnt think of that... they obviously cant contour like i could...
but i wouldnt be using a cheap nasty tanning solution, its the same brand i use to manually spray with... thanks for your comment..

i'm not really a fan of spray booths, i think you get better results when spray tanning by a therapist xx

another reason i thought it would be a good idea..... some people are a bit body coscious and dont fancy standing on display in front of a therapist semi naked. even though they want an all over tan... i can appreciate that at the moment... i'm 8 months pregnant and totally body consious! anybody feel the same? or is it me trying to convince myself its a good idea! lol.....:lol:

I have never been in a booth myself but I spray alot of people who have and I havent heard one person have a good word to say about them. I'm sure there must be really good ones out there but If I was you I would do loads of research and go and try them for yourself.

I have used a spray booth twice and found it to be great, with no waiting around for the colour to dry, the only thing was they didn't warn me that it would hit you smack in the face (obvious really) which completly took my breath away and made me panic a bit, but I had no complaints re the colour and I did it because I have experienced being sprayed by a therapsit and dont like getting my bits out:lol::lol:

I am not a fan of the booths. They are good for the experienced booth client, as you have to stand in the correct positions to ensure an even tan with no patchy bits.
I would vote for a spray system operated by the therapist. I have found that even body concious clients will go for tanning if you put them at ease and you can contour to give a nicer silouhette. (i worked in a salon that offered this). I am getting my hvlp spray system next week and can't wait! i also had a spray tan when i was pregnant and it was great.:)

I have never been in a booth myself but I spray alot of people who have and I havent heard one person have a good word to say about them. I'm sure there must be really good ones out there but If I was you I would do loads of research and go and try them for yourself.

Same for me also, never been in a booth but a lot of my clients have and they were all disappointed.

I have never used a booth either and I haven't had any feedback from my clients that have used one so I can only go off what I have read about them which isn't all that good according to the articles I have read anyway. Main issue it seems is missing areas on the lower legs.

The technique I use puts the client at ease, I respect their modesty at all times. I have large mirrors on two walls in my salon and I would say 99% of my clients (what ever their shape) are comfortable enough once the tan is finished to stand in just their briefs and admire their tan for a few minuets before getting dressed, even though I am in the room with them. I know they feel uncomfortable when they undress to start with, but this soon passes when they know I am working as a professional.

Latest posts

Back