What do you think of my new prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storme

Reaction score
So having been treated to lots of new beauty products to buy I have been able to offer new services. What do you all think of my current prices?
Please note I do these from home, my manicure/pedicure & colours are all CND? Some are pretty cheap because I am still an improver and untill I build up good client base with this I will slowely up my prices.

Manicure

File and Paint £3
Nail art £1.50 extra
Mini Manicure £5
(File, cuticle work and paint.)
Deluxe Manicure £10
(File, Cuticle Work, Exfoliation, Masque, Massage and Paint)
Manicure with Paraffin Wax £15

Pedicure

File and Paint £3
Nail Art £1.50 extra
Mini Pedicure £5
Deluxe Pedicure £10
(File, Cuticle Work, Exfoliation, Masque, Massage, Foot Rasp and Paint)
Pedicure with Paraffin Wax £15

Enhancements

Gel Extensions £10
Possible Shellac / Gelish (Hands or Feet) £10
Removal with Manicure £10
Removal and re-application £15
Removal £5
Infills £5
Nail Replacement £2.50 each
Nail art £1.50 extra
Rockstar Nails £4 extra

Kooky Nails

Kooky Application Hands £15
Kooky Application Feet £20
Kooky Application with mini Manicure £20
Kooky Application with mini pedicure £25

Make Up

Bridal / Party £25
Little Girls £5 each
(Lip gloss & Eye shadow)
Glitzy Lips £15

Waxing

Eyebrow £4
Lip or Chin £4
Under Arm £5
Half Arm £8
Full Arm £10
Half Leg £15
Full Leg £20
Chest and Stomach £15
Back £15

Tinting

Eyebrow or Eyelash tinting £8
Eyebrow and Eyelash Tinting £15

Massage

Full Body Massage £25

Edited Prices

File and Paint £5
Nail art £1.50 extra
Mini £10
Deluxe £15
with Paraffin Wax £20

Gel Extensions £15?
Shellac or Gelish £20?

Last edited:
Your waxing prices look similar to mine, but your manicure and pedicure prices seem really cheap especially as you are using a product like CND.

Bearing in mind I am only just putting my manicure prices together but they range from £8 for a file and polish to £25 for the deluxe which is File, cuticle work, exfoliator, masque, massage, paraffin wax and polish.

For Shellac I am going for £20 for first application, £25 for next appointment that includes removal and reshellac.

Like I said Im still tinkering with the prices.

I argree you waxing prices seem reasonable and so do your nail wrap prices but the general mani & pedi seem very low.

I know your you say this is as you are still improving etc but I think you will find it really difficult to increase your prices once you get a clientelle and confidence.

Would these prices even cover your costs?

I think your mani / pedi prices are too cheap. I think your waxing eyebrows / lip etc are cheap also. Extensions at £10? Are you qualified? Even if you're stilll practising, you're not making much. Also Shellac is v cheap at £10. Maybe you need to have another look at your prices.

Kate

I am confident at manicures & Pedicures... one of my favourite treatments.

So was thinking...

File and Paint £5
Nail art £1.50 extra
Mini £10
Deluxe £15
with Paraffin Wax £20

Gel Extensions £15?
Shellac or Gelish £20?

I am qualified in everything I do apart from glitzy lips and the wraps.

Sounds a bit better hun x

£15 for Gel Extensions is still mega cheap but if your happy with this then go for it x

I would eventually like to charge £20 for extensions but I just don't feel comfertable when they won't be perfect.

Thats better I think!

Thank you, I can't wait to print out my price list when my bed and products come to post to through peoples doors.

Wow really cheap! If your qualified and insured and confident in your waxing and manicure and pedicure i would up your prices to ones you will be happy with in the long term, its very difficult to put prices up on clients once they have got used to paying xyz espcially important if using top quality products, you do not want to leave yourself out of pocket :lol:

Super cheap manis and pedis I'd up them straight away!x

I thought the second lot of mani/pedi prices sounded much better. I wouldn't go any cheaper hun. Don't forget it's not just product costs, its your time and expertise, utility bills, etc xx

Waxing prices sound about right. But manicure and pedicure prices are way to cheap. Mine range from 8 pounds to 20 pounds. You have got to think about the price of products you use, and a wage for your services. If you start cheap, you will find it very hard to raise those prices!

I don't want to up my waxing anymore as that is the general price around this area... unless you go into the bigger town.

I jusst posted a simalar post elsewhere, hope i'm not too repetative! I started doing cheap enhancements to get practice and build up a client base. Unfortunately whe I finally increased my prices (i didnt start as cheaply as you for nails) the clientelle I had were the cheap and cheerful kind and weren't willing to pay more so I am now starting again.

I think I attracted the type of client that didnt care enough to pay a decent price for a decent service :-(

I jusst posted a simalar post elsewhere, hope i'm not too repetative! I started doing cheap enhancements to get practice and build up a client base. Unfortunately whe I finally increased my prices (i didnt start as cheaply as you for nails) the clientelle I had were the cheap and cheerful kind and weren't willing to pay more so I am now starting again.

I think I attracted the type of client that didnt care enough to pay a decent price for a decent service :-(

I too have been stung but this hun x

Cheaper Prices = Lower Class of Clientelle

I am currently doing spa manicure and pedicure course and offering it cheaper, but only letting my existing clients know as I know they will ultimately pay more, so I dont mind them having it cheap if that makes sense?

Its tough isn't it, especially when there are so many people out there that are only interested in paying £10! Sadly there will always be people that cater to them.

What makes me laugh about some of them is that they pay cheap but then when you bump up your price they will most likely go back to the discount salon that asks for around the same price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds a bit better hun x

£15 for Gel Extensions is still mega cheap but if your happy with this then go for it x

I agree but would go with your aim of £20 as like others say hard to put your prices up once you have a client base. I was in your position this time last year but I went with £20 and ppl still say how cheap I am but the quality is great so £15 isn't worth your while, in fact some may be put off and wonder why so cheap??

Latest posts

Back