What do you think of my new prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I accept that different parts of the country will have different price ranges but I am utterly shocked at £3.00 (or even £5.00) for a file and paint and £10.00 for a deluxe pedicure.

Good luck though my lovely and I wish you well.

Be brilliant.

Jacqui xx

I jusst posted a simalar post elsewhere, hope i'm not too repetative! I started doing cheap enhancements to get practice and build up a client base. Unfortunately whe I finally increased my prices (i didnt start as cheaply as you for nails) the clientelle I had were the cheap and cheerful kind and weren't willing to pay more so I am now starting again.

I think I attracted the type of client that didnt care enough to pay a decent price for a decent service :-(

I also made this mistake when starting out. You'll probably have to build a new client base up when you put your prices up. Please don't go too cheap. You say you aren't 100% with enhancements so make these the only thing that are slightly cheaper than what you'd eventually want to charge. As for the rest, such as Mani, pedi, file & polish, charge a bit more :)

Just saves you aggravation later when having to put prices up dramatically, which clients don't like, because even though it's not expensive, they get used to the cheap prices and may not want to pay alot more xx

And you'll also find that when clients are getting a ridiculously cheap deal on enhancements, some don't look after them as well as they would If they'd paid the recommended price xx

I'm just starting out too and am also nervous about pricing as I don't want to lose client by putting my prices up once I'm more confident.

As a compromise I've drawn up a service list with what I'd ideally like to charge and offered a 20% introductory discount which I plan to run for the first month or so once I'm insured & ready to go. This way people will know what prices to expect and hopefully they'll be prepared to pay the extra if they're happy with the service!

Having said that I've done quite a lot of services on family & friends during the run up to Christmas & my confidence is building quicker than I thought especially having received some good feedback - I'm now wondering if I've under priced myself!!!

Well I have just been cheeky and asked a few clients how there nails are that I did before christmas so lets hope I get some good feedback.

I am going to convince my mother to have another set, but she dosen't like them due to it being hard to remove contact lenses and see how long they last her.

I am just worried that they have the enhancment pay £20 / £25 for them to only fall off in a couple of days or a week later and they demand there money back thats all.

Well I got a reply off a lady I done on the 23rd, her reply is "My nails are fab fab fab, get paid next friday so coming back to get my toes rockstared."
What a confidence boost is that.

I was really uneasy doing her as my aunt had done her nails earlier in the year and gave her such a bad service and her nail had gotten an infection from it (Which has treated and gone.)

Sooooooo cheap

I think your nail prices are a bit low, but this is from my thinking point in Cardiff and my own market research, have you checked out your local competition to see what they are charging? :)

My local competition charge around those prices too.

Latest posts

Back