What do you think of my website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weeleelee112

Reaction score
Last edited:
where is the site...?

Not sure how well using the Sienna X logo repeated works as a background; it wouldn't be my choice, it looks a bit "busy" to my eyes. I'd be inclined to go for a coloured background where the background gradually changes from one colour to another as you scroll down the page.

The pink text on the navigation menu is a bit small and doesn't stand out that well to my eyes - I would be inclined to make it bold, increase the font size (if there is enough room to do so), and choose a darker colour, perhaps a deep magenta that compliments the pink, so it stands out better from the background and is easier to read.

The image on the top left of the home page looks as though it has been re-sized from its original aspect ratio, the ladies in the image look very short compared to how they would do in real life. I'd be inclined to keep the original aspect ratio of the image, which would look more natural.

I'm not so keen on the grey background colour used on a lot of the pages. But that could be personal preference. I'd be inclined to change it to a black, as that would make the pink text stand out a lot more, and be easier to read.

For pages like the spray tan information page, etc, I think it would be better if you added a margin of a few pixels between the edge of the dark grey background and the text. As the text seems very close to the edge at the moment, and I think it would look better with a bit more space between the edge and the start of the text.

I'd also be inclined to increase the font size a bit on the spray tan information page, as it's a bit small to my eyes.

For the Before & After checklist page, I'd definitely increase the font size, as it is very small. Also, it would be good to use bold text in a larger font size for the headings, e.g. "Preparation", "Aftercare", "Maintaining the Tan", etc. As these are currently in the same font size as the rest of the text and aren't standing out.

On the Salon Page and price list page, the prices aren't lining up. I think they would look better right-aligned.

If you have got a few more images you could add to the other pages in addition to the home page, then I think that would add a fair bit more interest to the site.

Hope I'm not being too nit picky lol :hug:

not an expert on designing sites but i think the background makes it look to busy.. tbh

I like it! I like how you have an advice page too x

I made some changes ruth well the ones i knew how to do anyway
xxx

Latest posts

Back