What do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TipToe Nails

Reaction score
:eek:Hi guys. I did one of my friends nails yesterday and I was dreading it because she has terrible bitten down nails. Anyway I just wondered what you thought of the end result? Thanks x.

You have forgot the piccy hun lol

I think you can only upload a pic if you have premium status - the free feedback would be worth the subs :wink2:

before
sarahsnails001.jpg
afterIMG]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x53/jodywhite/sarahsnails002.jpg[/IMG]close up with nail art
sarahsnails005.jpg

sarahsnails002.jpg
sorry about that hope they are ok!

All in all i think they look quite neat and you have some lovely lines of light,
now comes the dreaded but lol,
too much white and too little nail bed, i know you didn't have much to work with hun but you could have extended the nail bed and done the white, half the length that you have done and they would have looked better hth
also have you used white acrylic powder or white tips here?

Thanks for your comment. If I could sculpt then I would have done that as it wouldn't have looked so false. I used creative natural velocity tips with white acrylic powder.

All in all i think they look quite neat and you have some lovely lines of light,
now comes the dreaded but lol,
too much white and too little nail bed, i know you didn't have much to work with hun but you could have extended the nail bed and done the white, half the length that you have done and they would have looked better hth
also have you used white acrylic powder or white tips here?
I agree with everything you said However I would like to add that the white tips dont seem to be reaching either side of the side walls...Maybe you are using tips that are slightly smaller then what you should be using.:hug:

hun you don't have to sculpt them to have less white.

tip them as usual with natural tips and extend the nailbed using custom blend. your usual smiles will be fine then!

nail biter methods are good ones to learn and teach you more controll with your product, i am not pushing my product line, but tammy taylor has a great video out there just for nail biters, i got my name cause i started out doing only nail biters, or in other words shorter nail beds, the clients will be happier with the performance if you can cheat a little and give them an optical illusion and extend the nail bed out, a sculptured nail will give you that effect, tips generally will pop off, try the nail biting video, it will give you more tips on how to perfect them, so your whites are not so far down the nail bed, that is what i think you should perfect, all said and done, they look nice, but the whites are too far down, keep trying

nail biter methods are good ones to learn and teach you more controll with your product, i am not pushing my product line, but tammy taylor has a great video out there just for nail biters, i got my name cause i started out doing only nail biters, or in other words shorter nail beds, the clients will be happier with the performance if you can cheat a little and give them an optical illusion and extend the nail bed out, a sculptured nail will give you that effect, tips generally will pop off, try the nail biting video, it will give you more tips on how to perfect them, so your whites are not so far down the nail bed, that is what i think you should perfect, all said and done, they look nice, but the whites are too far down, keep trying

I have to disagree with this comment about tips generally popping off.

I have recently had a very severe nail biter, worse than the above person, who has had no problems with her tips 'popping' off'. I always tip a biter as I'm pants at sculpting.
If a tip is properly applied to the bitten nail, yaking into account the pre-tailoring that is needed, then there should be no problems.

Sorry to hijack. Back to the thread poster's nails......

Well done for tackling a biter, they are always daunting, so it shows you're determined.
I agree with the comments about there being too much white & not enough pink - if your work on a ration or 2 thirds pink, 1 third white, then you do get a lovely balance.
Have a study of the 'Custom Blening it up' tutorial on this site, you really need to extend the nail bed by applying your whites further down on the applied tip/sculpting form and then applying a custom blended powder into zones 2 & 3 which will hide the nail's free edge and extend the nail bed.
Custom blended powders are opaque - you cannot see through them, so you can hide a multitude of sins!

I think whether to tip or sculpt, depends on the client tbh..
I have had a few nail biters some i sculpt, some I tip..all depends..
I just asses before hand then decide what to do...

I swore by sculpting only after my first severe nail biter...until I came across this one lady and I just knew sculpting would not suit her (down to my ability ma bey..)

I did what she wanted (sculpted) but told her I did think she would be more suited to tips..she broke 2 nails within 2 days..
Anyway I converted her to tips (she had a bad experience with them in the past)
and now I don't see her until 2 or 3 weeks later...no problems..
shes a hairdresser too.
I cant comment on your nails anymore than already has been babe..I think all areas have been covered.,

Just a massive well done for having a good go when some people would have gone :eek: nooooooo lol :hug:

Latest posts

Back