What does everyone count as nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ionealexandra

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just wondering what everyone counts as nail art.
If your adding glitter only on the tips?
Or French polish in different colours?
If French polish in different colours counts, does that mean normal french polish does.

I count freehand drawing as nail art, and if Im doing a glitter finger in the shellac :)

I dont count a french done in a different colour as nail art but if i added glitter or a bit of foil or even a few dots to the french tip then it becomes nail art. IMO

Thank you for the answers 😊.
Would you charge more for different colour tips?
I charge £18 for my gel polish and 50p per nail for nail art. It take me longer to do tips and strips and stuff so didn't know if I should charge more?
And I mean different colours tips like if you had purple nail with a green tip. Or mat black nail with shiny black tip.
Thank you again.

Thank you for the answers 😊.
Would you charge more for different colour tips?
I charge £18 for my gel polish and 50p per nail for nail art. It take me longer to do tips and strips and stuff so didn't know if I should charge more?
And I mean different colours tips like if you had purple nail with a green tip. Or mat black nail with shiny black tip.
Thank you again.

for a french with different colours i charge the same as pink n white french. As for the matte nail with shiney tip, i dunno, i think I'd charge the same as a french (£23) maybe I'd add on an extra £2 for the buffing and extra top coat used, but knowing me i'd end up just charging a french price anyway as I'm soft in the head :)

for a french with different colours i charge the same as pink n white french. As for the matte nail with shiney tip, i dunno, i think I'd charge the same as a french (£23) maybe I'd add on an extra £2 for the buffing and extra top coat used, but knowing me i'd end up just charging a french price anyway as I'm soft in the head :)

Do you charge more for pink and white gel polish then you would for just a normal gel polish then?
I think I'm doing really badly at pricing everything up.

Think about the extra time it takes you and work out your extra costing. People expect to pay more for a French than a solid colour. It takes you longer, so charge for it. I charge same price for alternative French (eg different colour tips) as regular pink and white French as it's same amount of product and same time taken xxxx

Ps I start nail art at 50p per nail then charge more for more intricate designs which either take longer, and/or use more product xxxx

Do you charge more for pink and white gel polish then you would for just a normal gel polish then?
I think I'm doing really badly at pricing everything up.

i charge £20 for gelish and £23 for gelish french

Ah okay,
Thanks guys you've been a lot of help. 😊.

Latest posts

Back