What exactly the cuticle oils do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dessi

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I need again your knowledges, i was wondering ( because i dont know) how the cuticle oils effect the enhacements and the cuticles using it every day. Thank you:hug:

Hiya...Your profile says you have been doing nails since 2003....and that you are trained with Creative and Ez-flow....can i just ask...why don't you know this....?

Sorry i ain't being mean, honest...I just don't understand how you wouldn't know this. x

Hi hun, i am not trained with CND, just use some products, i am trained with EzFlow.

Your question is very good, same thing also i want to ask my school, why i dont know this?:hug:

Hi hun, i am not trained with CND, just use some products, i am trained with EzFlow.

Your question is very good, same thing also i want to ask my school, why i dont know this?:hug:
I agree with Bagpuss on this Dessi. In your profile under systems, it mentions CND. A system refers to gel, fabric, l&p etc.... so one would assume you have had some CND training? If not, then you need to modify your profile to show accurate information please.

I copied and pasted this info from the CND website...

Solar Oil

What it is...
A synergistic blend of naturally light oils and Vitamin E, designed to deeply penetrate and protect skin and nails.

What is does...
Jojoba Oil carries Vitamin E deeply into the skin to help prevent cellular damage and reduce visible signs of aging. Naturally light oils keep skin soft and supple. Jojoba Oil draws Rice Bran Oil and Sweet Almond Oil into natural nails, nail enamel and nail enhancements to keep them tough and flexible. Repeated use drives oils deeper into natural nails and nail enhancements, maximizing the benefits and reducing service breakdown.

Why you need it...
Super penetrating formula conditions skin and nails.

hth's

Dessi I can empathise with you. Sometimes things aren't taught on your original training and you don't really worry about it, and then all of a sudden years later you think, hey what exactly is that about?!! So don't be worried about posting what seems the most basic question.

The main thing with a cuticle oil is to keep everything hydrated - cuticles (hopefully it actually eliminates this), eponychium, etc. People always think you should cut hard and dry cuticles and eponychium, but all it is is dry skin. I always say to my clients that if you had dry skin on your face you'd moisturise it, so your cuticle area is no different.

If you use l&p I believe it helps to keep your product supple and help prevent brittleness, so very important that l&p clients apply oil at least once a day. I think the correct term is plasticise, but not 100% sure as I'm a gel user.

If you have a client whose natural free edge curls away from the product then get them to oil the free edge and it helps hydrate it and stop this happening.

It helps prevent lifting by minimising cuticle growth.

It feeds the matrix.

And then it is great for so many other things such as scars, there is a thread about what people use their oil for .... I've even oiled the hinge on a squeaking door before!

HTH

I agree with Bagpuss on this Dessi. In your profile under systems, it mentions CND. A system refers to gel, fabric, l&p etc.... so one would assume you have had some CND training? If not, then you need to modify your profile to show accurate information please.

My profile now is full, to be more exactly i gave 7200 euro for school and training only for knowledge(i do not include and the prices of the products i took) , sorry if my question is silly but, when i was at schools i didnt realize how imortant are some questions to be asked.

My profile now is full, to be more exactly i gave 7200 euro for school and training only for knowledge(i do not include and the prices of the products i took) , sorry if my question is silly but, when i was at schools i didnt realize how imortant are some questions to be asked.

The only silly questions are ones that you don't ask :wink2:

We also need to remeber that regulations on using certain products vary from country to country :)

Dessi I can empathise with you. Sometimes things aren't taught on your original training and you don't really worry about it, and then all of a sudden years later you think, hey what exactly is that about?!! So don't be worried about posting what seems the most basic question.

The main thing with a cuticle is to keep everything hydrated - cuticles (hopefully it actually alimates this), eponychium, etc. People always think you should cut hard and dry cuticles and eponychium, but all it is is dry skin. I always say to my clients that if you had dry skin on your face you'd moisturise it, so your cuticle area is no different.

If you use l&p I believe it helps to keep your product supple and help prevent brittleness, so very important that l&p clients apply oil at least once a day.

If you have a client whose natural free edge curl away from the prouct then get them to oil the free edge and it helps hydrate it and stop this happening.

It helps prevent lifting by minimising cuticle growth.

It feeds the matrix.

And then it is great for so many other things such as scars, there is a thread about what people use their oil for .... I've even oiled the hinge on a squeaking door before!

HTH

Thank you always for understanding me:hug:

Thank you for your help:Love::hug:

sorry if my question is silly but, when i was at schools i didnt realize how imortant are some questions to be asked.
As a few highly respected Geeks would say "the only silly question is the one you don't ask"

That's what this site is here for, to help and offer advice... if there's something that isn't covered in training then how are we supposed to find out the answer without getting in touch with our educators?
It's quick and easy asking questions on here and there is usually at least one person who will know the answer :wink2:

The only silly questions are ones that you don't ask :wink2:

We also need to remeber that regulations on using certain products vary from country to country :)

Couldn't agree more becki and I'm sure it's helped a lot of other people that thought it was too silly a question to ask. :hug:

We should also remember that training varies thoughout the world and what we may be taught doesn't mean it is taught elsewhere. Or even if it was that when we are in brain overload that we remember every little detail. :hug:

Thank you girls so mach:hug::hug::hug: One day i will become educator and for sure will know what is the most important things that every newbie has to know:hug:

You don't have to be trained with Creative to use their products in other countries outside of the UK. In the rest of Europe as in America (and I believe Australia too) you can purchase CND L+P and Gel without having CND training!

Do you know.... I can actually feel the 'lurrrve' on this site today :hug:

You don't have to be trained with Creative to use their products in other countries outside of the UK. In the rest of Europe as in America (and I believe Australia too) you can purchase CND L+P and Gel without having CND training!

Yes right, they need here only the certificate that you are nail tech.

Ahhh Dessi i truly didn't think your question was wrong or silly....i just couldn't understand why if you have been doing nails since 2003 and had good training you wouldn't have known this....it really wasn't meant to make you feel bad...it just got me thinking about what is and isn't taught...x

Ahhh Dessi i truly didn't think your question was wrong or silly....i just couldn't understand why if you have been doing nails since 2003 and had good training you wouldn't have known this....it really wasn't meant to make you feel bad...it just got me thinking about what is and isn't taught...x

No hun, you cannot make me feel bad, My training make me feel bad, sad and MAD!

Thanks for that clarification Sandi.

I have relooked at Dessi's profile which is clearer now that she has modified her profile. Thanks Dessi.

As has been mentioned many times before a clear profile does help.

Thanks for asking that question Dessi, Now I know why we use it as well. At college we have been told to use it but, thinking about it now, not why we use it or what it does.

Latest posts

Back