What happens if you dont pass

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellybean83

Reaction score
hey guys, i just wondered what actually happens if you do your foundation course with creative and fail?
Do you have to pay £700 again to train again? or do your re take the exam? oe what??

I think that they will work with you to ensure that no-one fails. Its basically a starting point with which to continue your career, its not so much about passing or failing, just being at an acceptable level. If you work with your tutor you will be fine, they will give you all the help you need to ensure you pass. Good luck!!

If you fail the exam you go away and study for a few weeks and then go back and resit it free of charge hth

If you fail the exam you go away and study for a few weeks and then go back and resit it free of charge hth

This is what Denise told us on our first three days last week. I've got my exam coming up next Tuesday :Scared:. I'm fine with the practical, just having peroblems retaining any reading material! I'm trying postcard style bullet point notes randomly placed around the house to jog my memory :lol:

If I should happen to really mess up and not pass (I think you can only get 4 q's wrong) then I can re-do it on the last day which is in a further 4 weeks.

I think if you don't pass then, you're in the wrong profession, lol!

xx

I wouldnt worry too much about your exam I'm sure there will be a resit policy, but chances are you will pass first time just fine. I don't necessarily agree though that if you don't pass on 2nd time you're in the wrong career, some people take longer to retain information. In fact there is a lot of evidence that shows that exams are not the best way to prove someones knowledge anyway.

My advice to you as a qualified teacher is to make up a mock exam paper of questions you think might be asked, photocopy or print it out several times and every so often do the exam paper. Ask your educator for their input, thats what they are there for. I recently had to learn over 35 different reflex points on the feet and so I photocopied a foot and drew the points on, doing it over and over worked wonders for me. But then again it might not be for you, everyone is different, but I find re-answering questions helps me to retain information.

Hope that helps and good luck!!

Hi,

I am sure you will be fine but I know what you mean as your first 3 days on the course there is a lot of info to take in. When I did my creative course our instructor made us highlight things you have to know in your training book. The exam is mainly common sense stuff. Also make sure you know your creative products - what they are for/do. If you have any queries talk to your instructor as they are there to help. My instructor was brilliant. I got my daughter to ask me questions randomly from my training book. This was a great help to me.

If you do get a lot wrong they let you re-sit the exam again but they do help you all they can.

You will be fine. Don't stress and stay calm!!

Good luck:biggrin:

Sharon x

Well when I did my nail exteson couse everone failed becouse the teacher did not teach propley and we tall the Head of the cosue at the College. We did not get are mony back but the Teacher got the sack.:suprised:

Latest posts

Back