what is a reasonable budget for advertising?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fanella

Reaction score
I have salons and a mobile service for which Employ therapists, and although we are busy I think we could be a lot busier I'm rather out of touch with advertising since I have become very complacent and rested on my laurels, but now that my youngest has left home I have a new interest in the business and would like to take it to a new level. Can anyone help in the most effective ways of advertising and what sort of costs are reasonable?

hi ,im now a freelance hairdresser and have had great results thru the yellow pages ,but saying that i am one of the few in my area .they do insist on coming to your home to `assist` you in the first year - and do put the hard sell on -first year i had the book, yell.com and 118247 -was about £400 which i paid by direct debit -but i only got results through the book so ive only renewed that there are loads of websites where you can have free advertising -try touch local

hi ,im now a freelance hairdresser and have had great results thru the yellow pages ,but saying that i am one of the few in my area .they do insist on coming to your home to `assist` you in the first year - and do put the hard sell on -first year i had the book, yell.com and 118247 -was about £400 which i paid by direct debit -but i only got results through the book so ive only renewed that there are loads of websites where you can have free advertising -try touch local

Yellow pages did not come to my home :confused:......and i have to say ...

My yellow pages for hubby tattooing was £230 for the year...which we pay direct debit for ......the book came out this march and we have had 3 people call saying they see our advert in the yellow pages.....

We are also on yell.com...we have had 10 people from there.....people also have said they have called 118 and we were the first number given to them....i have had a few from the Internet Google where i registered my website ....

Most of ours have been word of mouth.....yellow pages has paid for itself though and i would do that again .....good luck with what ever you do xxx

What you have to remember with word of mouth is how the very first client came to you. If the first client came via YP for example and as a result you get a chain of say 10 referrals then that advert actually gave you ELEVEN new clients!

I used to budget on maybe 1 new client a month, so multiplied the cost of one full set by 12 (months) and that was my budget! But as i say realistically ONE new client that sticks with you should pay for that advert for the whole year .. the rest is profit!

Latest posts

Back