What is Acrygel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kutiekelly2005

Reaction score
I had a phone call from a lady 2 weeks ago asking if she could come and do a demonstration for acrygel for me.

She is coming this Friday and I was just wondering what exactly it is?

I think I have heard of it before, but not sure.

well, youve got me intrigued.
Can't wait to see replies

Sounds interesting, let us know when she has been, I love new products, i'm a real product junkie!

Acrygel combines properties of both systems,and says it it stronger than gel and more flexible than acrylic. It is a no odour system which is supposed to be faster than traditional l&p. HTHs
April x:)

Sounds interesting, let us know when she has been, I love new products, i'm a real product junkie!

This product is by no means a new product. Star Nails has had this one for maybe as long as they been around lol
I can tell you, being from the USA, that this form a UV gel/acrylic is what our NSS salons use & tell the clients it is GEL, thus charging them for GEL, when in fact it isn't. :irked: I buy my 99% alcohol from a Asian Supply house, & they huge barrels of it, they call it Gel Powder. WE who know better know Gel does not come in powder.:cry:

This product is by no means a new product. Star Nails has had this one for maybe as long as they been around lol
I can tell you, being from the USA, that this form a UV gel/acrylic is what our NSS salons use & tell the clients it is GEL, thus charging them for GEL, when in fact it isn't. :irked: I buy my 99% alcohol from a Asian Supply house, & they huge barrels of it, they call it Gel Powder. WE who know better know Gel does not come in powder.:cry:

Now that you mention that I had a client at college who had been to a salon called 'Hollywood Nails' and when I asked her what system they used she said, 'They used gel and powder' I thought that maybe she was confused.

Well I think I can safely say I will not be bothering with this product, I don't want to be getting myself a bad name

I've definitely heard of acrygel before. I've seen it advertised in professional nails mag me thinks!

Teri x:hug:

I just want to say from my own experience....I hate the stuff, I haven't actually used it, but I get the occasional client who wants a fill and it's some kind of Acrygel, I use Brisa over it, and you know that client ends up coming back for fixes cause Brisa won't stick to it! Really I've tried a few times, different ways, and I can't get my gel to stick to it...it ends up chipping off the acrygel (still sticking at the grown out area I filled.) It's a pain in the butt to file as well. This is just my experience with it.

I just want to say from my own experience....I hate the stuff, I haven't actually used it, but I get the occasional client who wants a fill and it's some kind of Acrygel, I use Brisa over it, and you know that client ends up coming back for fixes cause Brisa won't stick to it! Really I've tried a few times, different ways, and I can't get my gel to stick to it...it ends up chipping off the acrygel (still sticking at the grown out area I filled.) It's a pain in the butt to file as well. This is just my experience with it.

I think I may phone up and cancel then as the reviews so far are crap and I am quite happy with the systems I use at the moment

Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back