What is difference between infill/rebalance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katml

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm new on here, I've just done the L&P foundation as well as gel and spa foundation with CND and though I feel like I should know the answer to this question, I don't. So I was wondering what the difference between the two is? And I'm gathering infill is what I've seen done with an efile for pink and whites? Which makes me wonder how is regular pink and whites rebalanced? Ah the terminology! Any explanation would be greatly appreciated :)

It is my understanding that infill, rebalance & maintence mean the same just different places call them different things.
To infill the growth, to maintain the nails which rebalances them :lol:

I could be wrong & each system could have its own name for this so will keep my eye on this thread to find out. x

I always thought an infill was where you just filled the nail where it had grown at the eponichium and a rebalance was where you filled and moved the apex making the nail once again balanced.

I don't do enhancements so could be totally wrong. I probably shouldn't even be answering this.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I always thought an infill was where you just filled the nail where it had grown at the eponichium and a rebalance was where you filled and moved the apex making the nail once again balanced.

Spot on!

Infill/Backfill - when there is no problems and the smile is in an acceptable placement. Prep the back of the nail (eponychium area) and 'infil' this area with a new small bead - can be done between rebalances if so desired

Rebalance - when trouble shooting is required, or the nail has grown out. Shorten and thin entire nail, reapplying smile line and restructuring all of zone 2/3 so apex is strong and central. Also allows more filing to be performed for lifting, cracking or problem solving through application

hth's

Is it just me but I always do a rebalance,Evan though the nails are fine . Only ever used to backfill on myself for the speed aspect ??

Most of the time Niki and after 2/3 weeks people do need re-balancing. Envy put it perfectly, an infill is fast and generally ineffective for the 2/3 week customer. When the nail grows, the balance goes... wonderful CND bootcamp education there... hence the re-balance.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

My ladies who go every 2 weeks have an infill as there smile line apex is fine so I just fill and file and buff on there next appt I will do full p&w re-balance and so on.

If I was to have new client I rebalance on every appt until client has found good routine and us used to her enhancnents .

I cahrge the same regardless of what I do.

ah ok! makes sense thanks for the explanation! :)

I also prefer to rebalance at every appointment.

My ladies who go every 2 weeks have an infill as there smile line apex is fine so I just fill and file and buff on there next appt I will do full p&w re-balance and so on.

If I was to have new client I rebalance on every appt until client has found good routine and us used to her enhancnents .

I cahrge the same regardless of what I do.

Why charge the same for infill and rebalance?
Rebalance should cost more, it's more filing, more time, and more product than an infill?
In the end, it costs you more to do a rebalance than an infill.

As a rule I don't do infills so I advise clients of this thinking it would make them have rebalances every two weeks but NO some want only quick infill buff and polish and will pay the same ofcourse if nails need a rebalance then I do so sometimes only a few nails will need rebalancing but I charge for my skill not by the hour.

Xxx

Latest posts

Back