What is the best system to start with ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharron

Reaction score
Hi ALL, I am about to slot in with the full time college girls to do nail enhancements, as far as I know it VCTC, which teach all systems, I cant wait to start but could anybody give me a small insight into the different systems and which in their oppinion is the easiest to start off with, I have ordered myslef a salon system fiberglass system to have a practice with ....thank in advance for all your help

Sharron :confused:

Personally i think that all systems are difficult when you first start out. Looking back, i am glad i started with fibre glass as i dont think i could have coped with learning to prep, apply tips, filing and product controll! Not saying that fibre glass is easy but it is less easier to end up with product all up your side walls, all over your fingers and so on.Once i had mastered my prep, blending, tip applying and filing, i then decided to try a different system.

HTH

XX

HI,
Oh I think you will end up being told all the systems are the best to start with...the gel girls will say gel, and the fibreglass/fabric girls will say do that.....and guess what.... I love L&P so I would recommend that.....!!
Actually though I would recommend L&P for the same reasons Whitmore gave except I think the opposite.!!!..L&P can be the most difficult to master technique wise therefore I think you should learn it first and everything thereafter you can learn in 1 day conversion courses.....but take the longer course to learn your L&P.........
HOWEVER...it does all depend on the training you are given....so if I were you I would check with the college you are going to train at and find out what the Instructor/Educator's preferred system is because if your Instructor is an expert in gel but can do fibreglass ok....then you would be best to let her teach you gel!!....does this make sense?

Do a search on here as well to give you all the information about all the systems..........this may help you make your final decision...good luck.

I think the poster is asking about which system not which BRAND ... as she is doing a VCTC course and will presumably learn with whatever the college uses.

Yes this is right read wrong by me first I will give her a little PM and say a little sorry I have had a bad day!!!

Message deleted!!!!

Caz xxx

geeg said:
I think the poster is asking about which system not which BRAND ... as she is doing a VCTC course and will presumably learn with whatever the college uses.

i have just erased my post aswell coz i read it wrong too :D , i blame being pregnant(well thats my excuse , lol)

Mine is that my brain has never come back after having the 5 kids LOL!!!

I am sure we are not the first to read posts wrong :D

All sorted now.

Caz xxx

dee said:
i have just erased my post aswell coz i read it wrong too :D , i blame being pregnant(well thats my excuse , lol)

Thankyou all for your replys and not to worry if my question wasnt to clear, I will do a search to have a look at the different systems....as I said I have a fiberglass kit coming soon just to practice with then hopefully if the course goes well, I hoope to go on and do a conversion course, so will be here again for some more advice on that..lol, anyway thanks guys for all your advice

Sharron:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back