What is the difference solar oil, cuticle oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2

Reaction score
I was wondering tonight, i recommended to my client to use solo oil to look after her enhancements and she said she thought she had some at home. Any way she wrang to say it was actually star nails cuticle oil. Will any cuticle oil such as this do the same or would it cause more lifting. Baffled me a bit xxx:hug:

Any one, gosh it quite on hear tonight lol, every one must be either shattered, or simply getting in the festive season, either that or sick of answereing simple questions like mine lol only playin xxx:green:

I was wondering tonight, i recommended to my client to use solo oil to look after her enhancements and she said she thought she had some at home. Any way she wrang to say it was actually star nails cuticle oil. Will any cuticle oil such as this do the same or would it cause more lifting. Baffled me a bit xxx:hug:

Ok, there a tonnes of oils out there, all are different consistancys/ blends and qualitys...

The more refined and purposeful the oil, the better it will penetrate the enhancement. SOLAR OIL by CND is a combination of four very high grade ingredients,
Sweet almond oil - Rice Bran Oil, these two provide a powerful combination of moisturising & condition for skin, nails and enhancements
Jojoba Oil - a super light penetrating oil that pulls all the other ingredients deep into enhancements and through natural nail plate layers.
Vitamin E - a powerful antioxidant that helps skin by fighting free radicals.
The combined effect means skin is soft and supple. In the enhancement it will keep it flexible and therefore tougher for daily wear. The more you use it, the better the effect is..

Any other oil will provide Some moisturising benefit, but there is a very good reason why solar oil itself is the only oil to be in the beauty hall of fame in the US and UK...

Lifting is not caused by oil - end of story - lifting is caused by lack of preperation meaning the product can't stick, or by poor product application making the product adhesion weaker..

Hope that helps ;)

do you mean Solar Oil?

there is nothing wrong potentially with star nails cuticle oil.
unfortunately i do not know what it consists of

solar oil consists of almond, jojoba, rice bran and vitamin E oils - the cocktail for the nails, cuticles and skin. Solar oil plasticizes the enhancement, gradually, nourishing the natural nail beneath the enhancement, makes them stronger.

each company has a cuticle oil which is designed to be used with their enhancement products.

the difference will be the quality and the science put in the product.

hope this helps:hug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back