What is the worst movie/film/dvd you've ever seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIPTOP

Reaction score
Ok geeks & geekettes another thread for you, ooh im on one tonight:green:

Mine is an old one but Barbwire with good old Pamela Anderson, I remember watching it and thinking wtf is this pile of shizzle:lol: and the infamous "Dont call me babe" was certainly not a line that I have used or ever will do lol.

So come on then share :hug:

Sue x

wow you are really hammeing new threads hey Sue...and good for you :hug:

The worst film ever I have seen was when the boys were up with us in Scotland and I had big plans of having a family night in watching a movie with pop corn and the lot.
So went to the DVD rental place and got,what I thought they would like.

It was "Ninga's wroth" or something stupid like that...well what a load of old crap and thought I had ruined the evening...but in the true Britt's style we made the most of it and simply laughed throughout the entire crap film :eek::lol::lol:

House of a 1000 Corpses, a Rob Zombie film, utter trash :) lol

oh you should come and live over here and watch some of the channels we get on our satellite thingy....my word they must have a budget for some films of about $5.00.

Anyway...it might not be the worst...but it was definitely for me the most boring and over hyped film.... When Harry Met Sally

I watched it at the cinema and it's been the only film I have ever wanted to walk out on midway through....ohhhhh and that film Miss Potter with Renee Zelwegger...
again saw it at the cinema and was disappointed as it was borrrrrrinnnngggggg.

Chicago...&
Moulin Rouge.... ( never 'got' them )
Australia....

I better stop :zzz::zzz::zzz:

I have seen some absolute load of poo films where I'm left thinking "well that was a waste of 2 hrs of my life" and some where I've been left not quite "getting it". The most recent one that I can think of has got to be "Watchmen", OMG what a load of crap! It looked really good from the trailer but then like they say, they always show the best bits in the trailers- all 30 seconds of them because that's all there was, what a dissapointment and we bought it without watching it first which makes it even worse!
Oh and another, Cloverfield, god that was boring and then it just ended, didn't give a hint as to what happened in the end and the stupid way it was filmed argh more poo lol.

The one im geeking to at the moment true romance pile of poo !

Wickerman!!!!!!!!
Went to the pictures to watch it and the only thing that stopped me walking out was the hope that it was going to get better!
Biggest load of tosh i've ever watched!

I watched the amazing mr fox(last week with my kids) it was awfull !!:irked:
i can picture my self lay on my death bed counting down the seconds wishing i hadnt wasted 90 mins of my precious life watching that trash :lol::lol:

Bad Lieutenant with Harvey Kietel

St Trinians - shouldve known better I know
Apocalypse Now - definately a guys film I think
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day - hate all that false over the top acting
Mama Mia - who wants to watch middle aged shrieking women
anything by David Lynch - except Elephant Man thats a good film
any musical

not a film but I sat through 5 nights of the recent ITV drama Collision - what was the point?

and yet Australia I loved that film but another geek hated it

recent films I enjoyed - The Changeling, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

anne xx

That would be me who hated Australia... :o

I agree with you on Mamma Mia though...it's just plain stupid.

but I loved ( well...liked ) the St.Trinians dvd :eek::lol: ( presume you meant the recent one not the Arthur Daly ones...his name escapes me )

My taste in films isn't brill I'm the first to admit it... my fave movies of all time are The Full Monty and Rita, Sue and Bob too....so that shows my mentality :lol:

Mama mia is fab-what's the matter with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it was a great feel-good film. Took my dad to watch this an had to get him the dvd after cos he loved it.
I've never met anyone who didn't like that film-till now!

I agree with mama mia, but I didnt watch too much as I didnt think I could watch a whole hour & half of it!!

That & Calender Girls (I cant remember if thats what it was actually called though?!?!) which we walked out of the cinema.

Willy Wonka (the new one) ... just wasn't good as the original.

Thinking now though, I havent sat & watched a film for a long while!!

The worst film for me of all time was The Brady Bunch, it was years ago but it was so dire that it is the only film that I walked out onduring it, along with the rest of the audience.

I watched Angels and Demons last night on DVD and thought it was better than the Da Vinci Code

Mama mia is fab-what's the matter with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it was a great feel-good film. Took my dad to watch this an had to get him the dvd after cos he loved it.
I've never met anyone who didn't like that film-till now!

I know a lot of people really love Mama Mia and its one of the most popular films, but I hated it and had to switch it off. I just found the characters so annoying and so fake. That scene where they greet each other from the plane, I shudder at the thought, all that over the top shrieking and prancing around urrghh!!! Perhaps the musical is better but I won't be finding out as I really dislike musicals, even as a kid with the oldies. I think it must be genetic cos my sister is the same. I know my mum said to see a musical live is a great experience but I just dont see it being for me at all. Someone, tying to prove a point lent me Phanthom of the Opera, it lasted about 10 mins I didnt have the heart to say I didnt like it.

Give me the Terminator or Alien films any day I must admit they are and have been on top of my fave films since well they came out, love em!! gawd knows how many times I have seen them.

Other really popular films that I cant stand and everyone gasps in horror when I say so is Star Wars, couldnt stand them either as a kid. Its a bit like admitting I dont like The Beatles everyones like OMG.

I know theres just no accounting for taste :lol:

anne xx

You don't like musicals :eek:
Oh god, 2 of my favourite films are; seven brides for seven brothers and the king and I.
I love Annie too, oh and the sound of music........lol
I am a big fan of the predator and alien films as well though!
Hate star wars and star trek and most sci-fi films....boring!
Hate james bond too.
Oooh i'm singing along to myself now-lol

Oh yeah I hate James Bond, cept for the one that has Sean Bean in

The very worstest film I've ever seen was 'The English Patient'..............better than sleeping pills any day:rolleyes:

I think any 'musical' films are pants...

on the stage great....but as a film they just never translate so well...

and I know loads who don't like Mamma Mia...that's how I ended up with the dvd...my mum bought it and didn't get past the first 10 minutes....gave it to a friend who hated it, gave it another friend who didn't like it and so it went on until it ended up back with my mum...

and she posted it over to me...and then it started the rounds in Spain :lol:

The only ones who liked it here were my hubby :rolleyes: and my 8 year old daughter.

and I love Colin Firth...but ack even he couldn't save that film.

Star Wars and Sci Fi :zzz:

anyone seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Renee Zelwegger and Matthew McConaughey? Oooooooh pretty dodgy one too... we have it on dvd, think it was a 2€ bargain basement one...and it was in there for a damn good reason.

Oh i love the musicals, mama mia, chicago, moulin rouge...

However i did not get Lost In Translation. Soooo boring

Latest posts

Back